31st July 2006
Well, here I am finally in the hospital for the next 4 -5 weeks. Tom and I spent our last weekend of freedom living it up in sunny PA at Tom's sister's house. Much drinking and eating and you will all be glad to hear that cancer be damned I am still the lush I always was!! Hollow legs that's me. Adjusting to hospital confinement will not be easy but I have vowed to give it my best shot.
God knows why they need to take your vitals every 4 hours here and they saw fit to weigh me at 4:30am this morning!! Oy!!! I must be the only person gaining weight on the cancer diet!!! Sleep will be hard to come by but as the treatment progresses I will probably be spending more and more time in bed. I have a week of radiation with treatments twice a day which can get old but by the end of the week I will be done and then on to the final stage of chemo. 5 Days of high dose chemo and then I get my stem cells back and we wait for me to recover from all they have thrown at me!! Looking at being out of here by the end of August as long as all goes well. Keep fingers and toes crossed for us. We are so grateful for all thoughts and prayers and know you are all thinking of us which really helps. Hope you enjoy the blog and get used to the exclamation points, as anyone who knows me knows I am addicted to them!!!!!
P.S for all you lovely peeps at Queer Eye who sent me the gifts from Amazon.com, you should know that the robe is super soft and perfect for lounging around in!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great idea to have a blog so you don't get in trouble with the nurses when all of us are trying to call your cellphone for updates!!! (I am also addicted to !'ing)
hey! I am so happy to see that you have a blog so that I can keep up with all that is going on! happy belated birthday from AZ!! I am really bad about getting cards in the mail- so hope you had a great one! I will continue to pray for you and Tom as you battle the hospotal stay. Please let us know if there is anything that you need! Love you to both!!
Tracy and family
oh good, now i can stalk you by im, email and blog. cbs is certainly not the same without you, although your old office mate sends her best, yikes.
ok, get better as many jobs await you, and even more karaoke ahead. the bananas are busy getting your room art to hang around your new room. xl
Post a Comment