Sunday, September 03, 2006

Breaking Out!!!!

Well folks I'm finally back and able to blog again on this my last day here in the joint! Things have been fairly rough here for a while but I am finally feeling my way back to my old self. Today is the day for getting out as all the white coats have gotten together and decided, I am finally considered well enough to escape this place. Good news as I can't really take any more of these four walls, it's been five weeks in total and I can't wait to get out!!! My couch and my own bed beckon and being able to see friends again will be key to further healing. As long as you are well and have not been around small children with any diseases you are welcome to come see me as long as you wash hands upon arrival, and no hugging. Phone to book appointments.... (just kidding)!!! This will be the start of a long road back as my immune system is pretty depressed, no eating out in restaurants or takeout for me for at least 3 months and many other restriction besides. Something tells me Tom will become quite the gourmet chef. As for right now I am focused on drinking 2 litres per day and trying new solid foods as I can tolerate them. My mouth and throat are still very sore so eating and drinking is a daily challange for now rather than the enjoyment I am used to.

Thats it for now as it's time to finish packing up this room and get the heck out of dodge! Love to you all and thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers Tom and I will need them all over the next period of recovery.

Bev xoxoxoxox

7 comments:

Unknown said...

"...As for right now I am focused on drinking 2 litres per day and trying new solid foods as I can tolerate them."

Oh my God, so am I!
Quick tip: Miller High Life still feels healthy in that quantity; Gin, not so much...

Just a word to the wise...

Seriously, congratulations and welcome back to the world! I'll consult with the better half on a good time to come bother you.

melyay said...

better half here! and for once, i actually agree with him.
welcome back Bev! you must be so happy to be out of there. i'll talk to you soon to make visiting arrangements...
m

Furrey Family said...

WAHOOOOOOOO!! You did it - and we are all so proud of your strength in this trying time of your life! WOW- you are amazing! We will continue to send out prayers from AZ and know that you will be back to your old self (no pun intended)soon! I am sure that you will rest better in your own bed- as will your hubby and puppy too:)

Please keep us posted on how you are and what your needs are as well. Stay strong and drink, drink, drink. We've got to keep you healthy!

Love to you and Tom,
Tracy

Bigmac said...

Hi Babe

So glad to hear that you are free of those 4 walls, but more importantly that the white coats are obviously pleased with your progress and are happy to let you escape.

Lets hope that the balm of being at home helps to speed the improvement of your mouth and throat - not sure if you are up to PG Tips yet but I swear it has healing qualities (I know it works for hangovers but radiation sunburn might be pushing it!)

Great to hear from your own 10 fingers too..... can't wait for the homecoming update.

Love

Ailis xx

Sara said...

Congratulations! We're so thrilled you get to go home! John and I will have to come and make a dish! Ok he'll make the dish. ;-)
A note from the chef buy 5 min orgainic cous cous boil in little chicken stock add veggies and potatoes. It's the yummiest simple meal. John makes it like every other day for me.
Love you lots, take it easy. We'll send movies!

Sara

peggy cummins said...

Amazing news. Congratulations. No doubt being at home, with Tom and Archie, is the best place to get stronger each day. Continuing to send good thoughts and prayers your way as you go HOME...
peggy

Furrey Family said...

You MUST be REALLY enjoying home! Have you forgotten about us faithful bloggers out here?!? We are dying to know what is going on? How are you feeling? How is your home? Please tell......

Tracy