Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Groundhog Days!!!

Well, it's been tooooo long since I blogged and you are all probably wondering what happened to me. The good news is I am doing well at home and the hospital is pleased with my progress although things have been very slow. I am still suffering from fairly bad throat pain which makes eating difficult and drinking only just bearable. I am confined to cream of chicken soup and apple juice mixed with water which doesn't make for very exciting days. No eating out or dining in restaurants for me for at least another two months and I am also trying to limit the numbers of people I am exposed to just for a while until my counts all come back in and I have a better immune system. My days are filled with drinking enough fluids and walking when I can. The fatigue has been very different this time and I have some days where it knocks me off my feet but I keep going and try to get out three times a day when I can. For those of you who don't know the other good news is that our lovely dog Archie is now back with us so he keeps me busy especially when Tom is away on the weekends. Animals really are a tonic! I am slowly getting my brain power back which is good news although my attention span leaves a little to be desired right now....I am trying to catch up on all email and other correspondence when I can so forgive me if you have called and I haven't got back to you - you're on the list!!!

love to you all and feel free to call me at home - Tel: 718 797 3505

2 comments:

peggy cummins said...

Great to hear from you Bev! Thanks for posting this update. I've been eager to hear how you're faring and have thought of you often these past few weeks. I'm sorry to hear that the throat pain continues, but glad to hear that you're getting out when you can - and that Archie is back with you! Sounds like Archie might be better than some of the medicines that MSK can prescribe.
I'll continue to send good thoughts, karma, and prayers your way. It may be a long road, but there seem to be lots of people walking along side you.
Peggy

Bigmac said...

These small improvements will soon give way to bigger ones, and before you know it you will be back to full force.

Hope the throat feels better and you can start adding a bit of variety into the food you can eat soon. Luckily for you I am too far away to send Chicken Soup (since we know that I am not a very good cook at the best of times!)

Stay strong, we are all with you.

Loads of Love

Ailis xx