Tuesday, August 07, 2007

THE MIGHTY MAGNECISER aka the Torture Machine


The word today is that Beverley is still -restlessly- waiting for a release date. The liver is almost back to normal and we had hoped that we might make it out by the end of this week. The 'warders' however stipulate certain targets and all of them have to be met for her to be 'sprung'. First, she has to be eating at least 1000 carrots-oops- calories per day; second she has to be finished with all intravenous drugs and nutrition and finally she has to be regularly riding a machine called the MAGNECISER (See the picture). When Beverley told the Head Warder that her name for the MAGNECISER was "wishful thinking" that didn't go down too well ! All the intravenous drugs are gone, but the nausea is still a problem making it difficult for her to hit the calories target. As for the MAGNECISER - her comments are unprintable ! But rest assured we will get there soon and I plan to post famous photos of her riding the monster and eating a calorie- oops carrot very soon.

The Dad

9 comments:

Mom Self said...

Are those your fuzzy blue feet, Bev? Cute! The journey of a thousand miles starts with only one pedal! You can pedal away your frustrations with the warden.

You'll not only come out of SK with a new immune system and blood type, you'll come out fit!

More prayers that the nausea will go away! Hang in there! You're on your way!

Love you! ;-) xoxoxo

Bigmac said...

Hi Bev

As I can see from the picture the slipper socks are not only fetching but practical too - great purchase.

Machine looks almost as scary as a lateral thigh trainer - but at least you don't have to wear lycra cycle shorts and smile alot whilst filming an infomercial as well as listening to the Wardens instructions......

Am off to Spain tomorrow with Bruce & Elaine so will be off line (but on my mobile phone). Will catch up when I get back - but thinking of you everyday.

Love

A xx

Anonymous said...

I won't comment on your cute floppy blue socks on that thing- what is that thing anyway? Seeing your feet is a terrific thing because it means you are up! Fabulous. And great news about the liver shaping up- you will need it for future g&ts. Hope the nausea passes and you can hit the 1000 cal mark. I reckon I hit it before lunch most days... Stay steady and wishing you speedy release from the keepers- sounds like you are well and truly almost out of there. Soon the sweet smell of the city will be upon you. Ah.... No news from oz- off for a run on the park and out for dinner tonight after 8 days stint in the salt mines. Miss you and lots of love- Trina

lauren&thebananas said...

omg they have gone too far! the least they could do is throw in a free lipo or something spa-like so you don't have work so hard with that upset stomach. beasts!
I promise once your immune system can handle the bananas germs we will have a long day at a proper spa!
I have new found admiration for you,I'm in the midst of dental surgical h*ll, with very pathetic drugs (souped up motrin, really disappointing) scheduled for the next few weeks. otherwise, camp is nearing it's end, I'm now starting to work on my dreaded blog and can't wait to hear about your return date back to the 'hood.
love, kisses, hugs, and hopes that the nausea passes quickly, xxl et al

Cheryl said...

Way to go Bev!!! You are already getting released - you are amazing!!! Hope all continues to go well!

Sara said...

I love the little machine! Keep getting better! My parents are coming in today so we are really excited to see them and have some time off. I'll take photos and send you a link.

xxoxoxo
sara

melyay said...

i can't believe they're making you ride that thing!
i'm hoping you get out of there soon. i finished my show last night, and my parents are coming tomorrow... then, in a week and a half, i'll be on my way to connecticut - so you better be out by then!
i hope you're not losing your mind in there. just think, you're getting closer and closer every day to getting out...it's just a matter of time! i can't wait to see you. we miss you.
melissa

Cathy said...

I can almost hear your muscles screaming from Hildersham UK! What's that famous moon landing phrase? One small step...I cycled to the top of the village yesterday, slightly uphill, so the empathy vibes are really rattling, or whatever vibes do.
You're nearly there, Bev!
Love and cheering from us all.
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Google is bowling me googlies....I've signed up again and hope this works! Bev, I've sent the message to your Mum's email because Google didn't love me any more xx Liz G