'There's no use trying,' Alice said. One CAN'T believe impossible things.' "
'I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen.
'When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day.
Why sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.' "
"Alice in Wonderland" - Lewis Carroll
Well, dear friends and family faithful it seems we are here again which is bitter sweet in that I miss connecting with so many of you through this blog and yet I would give anything not to have to resurrect it. But resurrect it we must as this last week following what has been two whole years of remission they discovered more lymphoma back in my lung. Yes folks, that's right, I got a lung biopsy for my birthday followed by a belated gift of Chemo. Once more unto the breach my friends! or, as Winston Churchill once reportedly said...."Never, never, never, never give in". I have included the full quote for all you history 'boffs' out there...."Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy".
We started round one of Chemo today and this will take place over 8 weeks, I get to go every two weeks for treatment and then at the end they will scan me to see if it's working at which point depending on my response they will decide whether or not to give me a little boost of my donor's cells. Its called DLI....Donor Lymphocite Infusion... Feel free to google.. I have of course been banned by the Professor from googling and he is really sticking to that rule this time around! In the meantime there is also lots of talk of various clinical trials and as you can imagine the Professor is not at all interested in investigating any of that stuff......(NOT)!!! Suffice to say his laptop is burning up as we speak!
Of course, I am aware that what all you folks really want to know is how the lovely Tom Self is doing....he's just fine. Joined me for chemo this morning as we resurrected our chemo routine which starts with a very befuddled and confused dog at around 5am looking at us like we are mad followed by copious amounts of coffee for Tom and tea for me and then a 45 minute drive to the hospital as we slowly wake up in time to be jabbed and filled with delightful poison. (just me for that last bit......) ;-) As I have said many times before you should all get yourselves a Tom...can't recommend it enough.
I have also been entertaining myself by compiling a list entitled:
"Why Chemo will be easier in California"
various headings include:
They have valet parking at the new hospital......unbelievable........
We have laundry INSIDE our apartment now......
We don't have to take strange car services to our appointments driven by people with a severely questionable grasp of the English language, zero sense of direction and a propensity for making the Professor car sick....
Tom can drive to the supermarket pretty much whenever I want him to and fill the car with Gatorade and other sundry items essential to a successful Chemo experience.
We have TWO (count them fellow New Yorkers) TWO car parking spaces! Suck it Park Slope!!!
Tom's new bosses actually give a shit....so refreshing....
IT NEVER RAINS HERE AND THE SUN IS ALWAYS SHINING!!!
Humidity??? What's that?.....
We love you all and we need you to send up those good thoughts, prayers, happy Mojo, whatever ya got, we'll take it! We will do our best to update this blog frequently and keep you all in the loop as we continue on our journey.
All our love and laughter
Bev and Tom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Wishing you all the best and my love to you and Tom.
Well, young lady, you better be done with all this crap by October, cause I got meself a little job in LA from October through at least January. And I have every intention to drag you out for the birthday brunch that never was and for long and CHALLENGING walks on the beach in your neck of the woods. So you better get crackin'!
Thinking of you guys. If anyone can kick this nasty thing's ass it's the two of you!
Jörg
Just read your blog and you have all the prayer space in my head.I will continue to think about you and send all the good juju I have your way. May God continue to bless you through this journey you are embarking and keep you filled with love, hope, humor and health.
Xoxo
Bree
It seems that cancer brings out the best in you bloggers. Chin up, yeah, that's the spirit.
I had just been thinking of you as I drove passed the lovely Hill's Road earlier and there you were on facebook when i got home..... I am sending you lots and lots of good vibes from the not so hot and sunny state of Cambridgeshire - big love to both of you - Lottie xxx
Damn it! I did not want to read this blog again...but I've got to tell you Bev, my love, healing thoughts and energy have never stopped since the last time I read it. But I'll turn it up a few notches anyway....get ready....
Well, first off I deeply feel that you deserved valet at the chicest hotspots rather than hospitals!
So I know you will push through chemo and promise at end to meet you at the valet at the Ivy at end of Sept.
I (along with Anthony and the bananas and all of the NY production world who worship you) KNOW that while this is grossly unfair you will show cancer that there's no place for it with you on the west coast, or any coast, very soon!
All of our love, prayers for you and Tom, and I promise to distract you with lots good things from Montauk and Brooklyn over the 8 weeks. Till the Ivy, xxl and don't know why signature says amp instead of anth, yeesh
I love you. Please don't hesitate to lean on me for anything you should need. This goes for Tom and The Baby as well. xoxo
I know a guy who can get you some drugs..
It never rains here......
the sun is always shining...
I wear my flipflops all the time....
parking at my house.....
Oh My God!!!
is anyone confused as to whether Bev likes California??
well, I started my new job in Secaucus, New Jersey.
It is my first time commuting in new york. wow. it is quite an adventure. We start shooting on aug24. It'll be over before I know it.
thinking about you everyday my friend.
I know you will get better.
be well
love kk
Hello angel girl, sending you all the Seymours love. We're always telling Sam 'never give up' and you're a wonderful example for that. If anyone can tough this out you can. Love to Tom (he's the bomb!)too. Lyds (Dot) xxx xxx
Oh lovely ones, I like all others wanted to see the backside of the blog FOREVER! But, am grateful that is gives us far flung friends a chance to send you all the electronic mojo magic we can electronically muster! You will be in my prayers and thoughts and I hope you lick this sucker now for GOOD. NEver give up indeed and glad you are in the sun and warm air and no longer have to pack it into shitty cars... Love you darling- and will stay in touch. T
I am also available for Gatorade runs should Tom prefer to stay by your side.
Collegeville, PA sends lots of hugs and support--and not just from Jay and Lisa. The newsy neighbors have you in our prayers and will log on to blog on through your therapy.
Love,
Kelly, Randy, Catherine, and Charlotte
Life is mostly froth and bubble, Two things stand like stone, Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. (Adam Lindsay Gordon - Ye Wearie Wayfarer) Bevannellar - kisses and big love from all six Dodsons in briny Margate, to you and Tom.
Post a Comment