Dear all, this will be a very quick update just to let you know to keep those prayers and good thoughts / mojo coming because evidently they are working. We had our first set of scans last week and got great results! No evidence of disease on the scans which I of course attribute to my new regime of healing QiGong exercises (google it) in response to which Tom rolls his eyes....in a major way! Evidently these straightforward Mid-Western boys don't put much store in what Tom affectionately calls, 'That VooDoo Stuff'.
Anyhoo, The chemo is working! Always a relief. Although I must add that we have now reached a point where the doctors literally look up the scan results on line while we are in the room...Completely shattering all those illusions from Primetime TV where the patient is given plenty of warning of the impending bad news. For now we are just thanking God it was good news because frankly we had our hearts set on rum punch in the Bahama's for my Brother's upcoming wedding...although we didn't tell the doctor that. No sense giving her more to stress over...
Despite my new found faith in the ancient Chinese healing art of QiGong for now we continue with the chemo but for all those keeping up I still have hair...major bonus. Not sure how many more chemo's to go but in the meantime they are reaching out again to my donor in order to get more stem cells so I can get a Donor Lymphocyte Infusion - (google it) basically a boost of stem cells to help me fight any more relapses. Then I think it will be a case of watch and wait for now as we keep praying that this wretched disease disappears forever.
That's all for now as work is keeping me fairly busy, I mean you all may pretend to not like reality TV but lets be honest, you all watch it and frankly it doesn't just make itself you know. As my lovely hubby frequently reminds anyone who dares to turn up their nose at my chosen career (and yes people I am capable of convincing myself it was chosen) it pays the bills thanku very much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
congrats - on both the scans and the hair! don says he always knew that was SUPER HAIR. no chemo can kill that coif.
So basically after you go back into remission permanently, it will become your mission to make a relativity TV programme about homeless people who eat donuts and do QiGong.......
Love ya
A xx
Awesome to hear! Hey, I wanted you to know that I practice Usui Reiki and I'm sending you healing energy ALL the time!!!
Post a Comment