Upon receiving several death threats from the dad I have summoned the energy to blog again. It seems that left without regular updates many of you loyal blog followers have become despondent and frankly irritable for news. I get it and am only sorry it has taken me this long to get back to you all. Getting into a post hospital routine has been the priority for the past week with much help from the mum, dad and the husband. I am required to take about 42 pills a day at various intervals some of which bring on the inevitable nausea which is cured by, yes, you guessed it, taking another pill......Oy... I also have to be infused with a drug through my mediport three times a week which has meant we now have our very own home care nurse named Tatiana who hails from Belarus no less.... well, she lives on Staten Island now. She has successfully trained the dad and the husband to infuse me despite various language barriers and the husband is even capable of removing my mediport needle now. So romantic....
Other than that Mum continues to cook up my favorites and we all head to back to clinic once a week to have my blood drawn and to see how I am progressing. So far so good, all the white coats agree that I am doing very well and I am headed back there tomorrow for my first scan so send good thoughts and prayers for the ongoing results. In other news much to the Dad's dismay the wonderful Archie is home and happily esconced on the couch with me as I write. He is a little confused as there is now a baby gate barring his entrance to the bedroom but has quickly agreed to sleep in the hallway as long as he can still see us. Plentiful liver treats also helped with that transition....
I promise to be more prolific with my blog contributions in the days to come and please know that all your continued support and blog responses mean the world to me as I recover.
Lots of love
b
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Bev --
nice to see you at the keyboard!
2 celebrity citings for you --
Thought you'd get a kick out of this -- Went to the movies on Sunday & ran into Kyan at the popcorn line. He's sold his apt & is off to LA to "see what comes together". ... OK. I know. It doesn't count as a celebrity citing if a) you know the guy & b) he's not really a celebrity.
but then ... we sat down in the theater and none other than Susan Sarandon came in and sat right next to me with her son.
Sadly, the encounters at the theater were more interesting than the film.
gigi
Bev!
So good to have a blog from you!! I have completely dropped the ball on celebrity gossip for you, and I apologize. I was at a party a couple weeks ago and Laura Prepon (Donna from That 70s Show) was there and someone (not me) spilled a drink and she ran off to the kitchen and came back with a roll of paper towels and started mopping up the mess. If I'd had a camera with me, I'd have snapped her picture and sent it to Us (Stars -- They're Just Like Us: They clean up party fouls.)
Also at the party: Colin Ferguson from Eureka (who's much shorter in person but very friendly), Eric Balfour (Gabe on Six Feet Under and Milo on 24), and most of the cast of Greek (which is on ABC Family and kind of hilarious).
What was I doing at this party? you ask. That is an excellent question.
Oh! Just thought of another one... had lunch with some friends on the Warner Bros. lot yesterday and as we strolled about, we walked right past John Stamos. STAMOS!! Good lord, he is ridiculously handsome in real life (and also not disappointingly short).
Welcome back to the interwebs -- it's good to have you!!
-Dana
Prayers going up for continued good progress! ;-) xo
Hi Bev
Great to have you back - and to catch up on your news in person.
Despite the baby gate I bet Archie is overjoyed to be back home with his Mum & Dad.
Will be thinking of you today for your scan, and keeping everything crossed.
Love ya
Ailis x
Hooray! You're back....following it all. Not surprised the Dad is a bit Archiephobic, but Millie is on your side....Liz G
So great to hear from you! I will try and call you this weekend. WE are coming to see you and make you dinner next weekend! I can't wait to chat.
xoxo
sara
Bev! So good to hear from you! That you have the time or inclination to write between pills is an encouraging sign that you are on the mend. And yes, us bloggers have been checking to see when you all would be back online... and Archie is home- that is fantastic! Hope the scan goes well and the docs keep giving you thumbs up- I just know you are on the road to healing- feel it in me waters. All good here- head cold retresating and even more exciting, my visa that I have been waiting for has been granted! That means I have temp residency and will be moving to country victoria before Xmas. My dad and dory are coming for a month in December so all in all, I feel blessed. Think of you every day and send prayers and light to you and the fam... Trina
Bev, delighted to hear that you gather a bit more energy each day and that the whitecoats are pleased with you - even if not the Dad out of his whitecoat! Kingston has finally got a promised week of summer ahead! Much garden ruined by persistent rain - but no idea how things are up at Wainstones. Kate is returned from Sierra Leone and everyone sends their love.
Bingleys
Thanks, Bev, for summoning up the energy to blog and keep us informed - so many people thinking of you and hanging on your every word! Delighted doesn't even begin to let you know how pleased we are to know you are home and doing well. You and Tom are such stars!
We send every good wish in the world to you both from Ledbury. Keep swallowing those pills!
Hi Bev,
Glad to see you blogging once again!
Sending good thoughts and prayers for perfect scan results.
Sorry you have to pop so many pills...when will that number begin to dwindle?
Archie must be so glad to be with you once again! I'm sure he will stay in line as long as the treats continue.
No celeb news here in AZ, but I did run in to Chris Ohlmeyer in Portland at the LPGA event. He was disguised however, and passing himself off as "Bristol Meyers"...strange. Perhaps Tom can unravel that one.
Hope you are enjoying another one of your favorite meals tonight.
My best to The Mum and The Dad...it was great to see them once again during our recent visit.
Mom Self returns to AZ on 9/1, so I must get back to the reconstruction project here at home!
Take care...talk to you soon.
Love,
Dad Self
Bev!
Another sighting for you. Wentworth Miller (Michael Scofield from Prison Break) and possibly his mother wandered past my table at my neighborhood Greek restaurant last night to pick up a to-go order. The friend I was dining with told me a friend of hers in London told her there's an internet rumor that Wentworth is dating Dave Annable, which we found hilarious as we had both worked with Dave on Reunion.
Did Tom cook you largemouth bass for dinner last night?
-Dana
Hello Bev and Tom (and Archie)
It's Judi and Tom Martin here sending greetings from the great Northwest -- specifically Portland, Oregon. It's a beautiful, sunny day here and promises to be a clear evening for viewing the eclipse. (We, of course, being way too old and feeble) will not be able to stay awake long enough to actually see it. However, I'm sure it'll be quite spectacular.
Tom and I are resting up this week since we just got rid of....er, uh, what I meant to say is that we, er, um, hurumph...just sent Dad Self back to the Phoenix area after he was with us for weeks and weeks -- oh, yea, it was only for a few days during which he and Tom took advantage of people at the LPGA and sold them merchandise that they didn't want or need. However, I do understand that with Dad Self and my husband under the same tent hawking their wares, that no one had a fighting chance of not buying their "stuff".
So, this is our introduction to you two. As you may know, we live 1/2 the year in Scottsdale so there's no way you can avoid us forever! Therefore, we're hoping to see you very soon. We had Dad and Mom Self and Father Patrick and Judy at our last years' St. Patrick's day dinner so consider yourselves formally invited for this event in 2008! Although, I don't know if the 'hood is ready for that many Selfs!
Hoping all is going as smoothly as possible and our prayers are always with you.
Judi
Glad to hear of your good report! Mum, was right. No news is good news! ;-) xo
Post a Comment