My turn today as Bev is using all her energy for trying to sort out her rebellious stomach. Her mouth is much better but now her stomach is howling for attention and if it doesn't like the offering it chucks it back, the little bugger. The good news is that everything has stayed down for 24 hours now - since we took the nurse's advice and switched to solids, porridge, bread and peanut butter. Tea and apple juice are currently off the menu as they didn't seem to be acceptable. We're planning to order mashed potatoes for dinner to see how the stomach monster likes that. Here's hoping.
I'd like to take this opportunity to reach out in cyber space to all my fellow middle-aged bloggers. It's all very well for you 30 somethings to be blogging away but some of us grey panthers have found this all a pretty steep learning curve. So here's to all of us (you know who you are) who've struggled with the technology and mastered it. We love hearing from you all.
Mom
PS The Dad is in Federal court in Brooklyn today being sued for defamation by Proctor and Gamble, Pantene, El Vive, Paul Mitchell and seven other shampoo manufacturers in a class action suit. Before the men with the van came for him, he left a medical message to say that all the recent ultrasound tests on Beverley (Liver and Gall Bladder) look fine and the only unusual feature is an elevated level of some liver enzymes (names supplied on request). This is only a blip and could be the reaction of her system to all the drugs she is taking to guard against viruses, bacteria and fungi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hello to The Mom,
Thanks so much for today's update.
Hope the mashed potatoes stay put tonight!
Sounds like Bev is making great daily progress.
When I spoke to Tom last night, he mentioned that she might be able to head home next week. That would be wonderful, and a real boost to her continued recovery.
Regarding The Dad's trip to court, please let him know that as a gesture of solidarity, I threw out all of the hair care products in the house. I am now saving the bacon grease from the morning breakfast, which I am using to add that special sheen to my hair. It is working really well.....except, coincidental to my hair care changeover, I have had to fight off several bear attacks while on my way to the mailbox. I'm not giving up though....I will keep fighting for the cause!
Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Love,
Dad Self
Okay, Dad Self, if you threw out my Herbal Essence, you're toast!And we don't have bear in Sun City West, we have coyotes! They like baby bunnies. Not sure about bacon grease. (Please be sure to degrease yourself before you wing your way to Phillie next week. They just might have bear in the Glennview Lane woods.)
Still waiting for a list of David approved hair care products. Fortunately, I went to the hairdresser on Tuesday and let them gunk up their wash basin. But I will need to wash my hair sooner or later, so hurry, please.
Bev, I hope your tummy allows you to add more to the menu. Mashed potatoes sound like a really good idea. How about Mac and Cheese?
Jay said you could have his!
Well, after a soak in the tub, I'm headed to bed. Did some yard work this morning and my legs are telling me about it. (How's that for a 50-something blog comment?)
If I figured out how to blog, any one can!
Hope to hear from you when you're up to it, Bev. In the meantime, you're in a lot of thoughts and prayers to feel better real soon.
Love and Hugs! Take some and share the rest. ;-) xoxoxo
PS Jack and Addie send their love.
Hi Bev
I can only imagine how happy you are that your beloved peanut butter is on the list of foods acceptable to the tummy monster - however even this probably pails into insignificance at the thought of a possible released date....
Spent yesterday evening cracking on with the to do list you set me when we sat out in your yard – Mum came over to help me lift my new (and very beautiful but heavy) office desktop into the office/spare room. However, true to form, and because it came from Wayne (he won’t read this so I am ok!), it doesn’t actually fit – so will now spend this evening shaving 0.5cm off one end.....
Love to you all
Ailis xx
Hello upstairs,
What brilliant news - home and food! Well done Bev. This is some achievement.
Do hope David has parole for good behaviour for his birthday celebration today. What's the case - Ellar v Elvive? or should it be the other way round?
Maybe you'll be toasting in shampoo rather than champagne.
Love to all from all
Cathy
Delighted to hear that Bev is back on solids again. Yvonne and I toasted the improving fortunes of the Ellar/Self clan at the Three Horseshoes near Cambridge England last night - We might be a long way away, but still thinking of you all. Don't forget to stick a few candles on top of todays slice of bread, porridge & peanut butter cake to celebrate Bossman's Birthday. PS: Mom Self... In answer to your question, I think you will find that he uses 'Mr. Sheen' furniture polish on his pate.
I'll get my coat!
Trev
Trev, thanks for the tip! Can I buy that in the states? Anything like our "Mr. Clean"?
A new day has dawned. No peeps coming from downstairs. Better go check it out.
TGIF! Hopefully the next one will be celebrated at home!
Love you! ;-) xoxo
Tips from Jack & Addie for "yucky tummy" : Add lots of Gerber rice cereal to your milk. Shake well. Heat to room temp. Be sure to sip it slowly and take lots of burp breaks. It really helps a lot! So do hugs & cuddles from all those who love you the most!! And if you want, we'll have Mommy mail you some cloth diapers to use for burp wrags. They come in handy and save on the clean up!!
We love you Aunty Bev. Get better real soon? Don't think we can wait much longer to feel your warm cuddles!!
Luv u!! Jack & Addie.
Post a Comment