



What more can I say today than what is says on Beverley's latest PET scan. I quote:
"Patient was imaged from mid skull to the thighs on a dedicated G DSTE PET-CT machine. Phsiological uptake of the radiopharmaceutical is seen but no focal areas of increased radio-tracer was seen ...indicating the absence of tumor."
"Fabulous result" was the phrase used this morning in the clinic by her transplant physician. Could we ask for more !
Of course there is never a guarantee that in the future she will not encounter further problems, and she is still very vulnerable to infection until her immune system adapts to and accepts the donor transplant cells, but the celebrations in New York tonight are because she is free of cancer for the first time in 2 years !!!! Through your unfailing support, all of you - family and friends- near and far- have helped to make this happen by strengthening and cheering and empowering her when things looked bleak. Thank you all.
Beverley will blog again soon, but I think she can enjoy the couch for one more day. Before she closed her eyes she asked me to include this favourite quotation from Alice in Wonderland which buoyed her up from time to time during her last round of chemotherapy immediately before the transplant:
'There's no use trying,' Alice said. One CAN'T believe impossible things.' "
'I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen.
'When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day.
Why sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.' "
The Dad
PS In all this excitement I forgot to explain the photos:
Sandra and Daniel Call responded to my appeal for patriotic socks for Beverley to use on her Magneciser. They fit a treat as you can see and Archie is mesmerised by them Thank you Sandra and Daniel.
Back home in Brooklyn you can see Miki cooking up various childhood memories to tempt Berverley's appetite. Today's adolescent 'feast' is tuna noodle casserole and alcohol-rubbed tomato sandwiches. As you can see I am attempting to train Archie to put the dishes in the dishwasher. Unfortunately I have to almost fill the dishwasher with 'Aunt Hezikiah's oatmeal anchovy doggy treats' before I can get him to put more than one plate in there ! Then it takes me 30 minutes to clear the filter !
Finally I thought we should all celebrate with a picture of the two heroes of the past two years looking to a brighter future together.
13 comments:
Bev, we were thrilled to receive the good news from John yesterday. What wonderful news for a wonderful woman and her family. Hope to see you very soon indeed.
Love, Mandy & Rob
OH HAPPY DAY! This is certainly a TGIF day for sure! And tuna noodle casserole! It just don't get better 'n that! (That's how they talk down south, David.)
I think you should celebrate all weekend! Let's call for a national holiday! Oh, they already did.
We are soooooooooooo happy for you!
Onward and upward! Love the booties!
Love to all! ;-) xo
What wonderful, wonderful news! Bev, you must know that all your friends and acquaintances in the UK are passing on the good tidings to each other; you can picture most of East Anglia raising celebratory glasses to you this weekend (would that Google maps were filming today, you could see us!). Hey Miki, will you promise to bring your tuna-noddle casserole to the next Book Club supper?
Love to all, Lynn and Whit Hieatt
Bev!
This is wonderful, wonderful news! I look forward to seeing you soon to say it in person.
Gigi
We are utterly delighted with the good news - it's undoubtedly the best thing we have heard in a very long time. Beverley and Tom, you are just wonderful and we admire you both so much.
The Alice in Wonderland quote is going to be our new motto - thank you for reminding us of it.
Well done all of you!
R & F in Ledbury
Bev!!
This is even better than both Michigan and Notre Dame losing today!!!
-Dana
Hello gorgeous! That is such fabulous news- you must be so relieved. Now, I am not sure about tuna noodle casserole though- though you r mom knows what she is doing I am sure. And, excuse me but do you have a deck in your apt?! Why didn't you have that when I lived there, back int he days of six packs, fags, and cheese balls? I miss you and am so glad to see you and Tom facing the great and many days and years ahead. Happy September- may the autumn days be beautiful, soothing and refreshing... Rock on- Trina
OMG. we are all so happyhappyhappythrilledjoyous, and well, verklempt!!!
it is only because the news is so stupendous that I will absolutely refrain from any tuna casserole comments. all our love, lauren,anthony, mathias, natasha and nikolai. xxl.
Bev,
Bravo- girlfriend. I'm glad you kicked its ass. I hope you get to stop taking the awful meds soon. Sending all good thoughts and prayers to you.
xo
Sheila
I was wondering.....
Where was the picture of you sitting looking at the sky taken?
Maine? It's a great picture.
I'm sure Archie is wondering why you just don't lick the plates!
I'm home. Missing our babies. Don't know how I'll get by til Nov.
Time to unpack and get back into the being home routine. Mike did a good job at keeping the house going. (Except he fried shrimp and got my stove top all dirty!
But no other surprises except the big screen TV. Wait til he goes out of town!)
Have a wonderful nausea free week!
;-) xoxoxoxoxo
Bev, what joyopus news! (That little spelling glitch wasn't me it was my kitten - actually John's kitten - sending happy mews, sorry news, to Archie.) Congratulations. You have worked so hard for this. A long hard slog of a summer and what a result. What a girl you are! I have always loved Alice. Another feisty girl.
Much happy love to all from us all
Cathy
Hi Bev and all - what wonderful, wonderful news! We are so pleased for you and all the family. What a weight off your mind - all of our minds. This is our first posting but we have been thinking of you, and we really look forward to seeing you both again the next time you are over this side. With all our love and best wishes for the recovery - Peter and Suzy (Kingston)
Glad to hear you're having some good days, Bev. The weather has to be getting good in NYC. There's something about autumn in NYC. Hope there's lots of blue
sky days ahead! ;-) xo
Post a Comment