Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Mmmmm, air . . .

No more oxygen for Bev, well at least no more additional oxygen other than what air provides. She's been off it since yesterday and all's well. It seems that Bev's strength along with a little steroids have conquered the labored breathing problem. Now we'll just taper off the roids and see how it goes. Counts are still good. In fact everything seems pretty good right now. The only exception is her liver which is slightly inflamed, but was scanned and sonographed yesterday and all seems fine. Apparently its just another side effect of transplant, but they're doing a Hep test anyway. By the way, sonograms don't look fun.

As I'm typing this, Bev looks quite healthy sitting up sipping her Boost and watching GMA. I say you people start demanding some first-person Bev blogging. Words of wisdom from Bev: "It's important to burp." She actually just said that. See what you're missing?

Take care and keep the prayers coming.

-Tom

9 comments:

Figs, Bay, Wine said...

After Monday's post, I'm thinking it actually might be more important to burp than it is to, say, wash my hair. Hugs to Bev.

lauren&thebananas said...

ok sweetie, i know you're in the trenches, but I insist you be slightly more erudite than poop and belching. keep up the counts though.I can't comment on the organic hair fungus, I am way to blond after a new salon experience and am heading to fix that with major chemicals shortly.

aargh. miss you, frantically yelling at interns at chronicle and trying to schedule a party sept 10th, more on that when i've called in every favor. Really looking forward to the renaissance faire this wknd with kids, no not really, though it has been the highlight of anth's calendar all summer. may have to send pics of that one!!
feel good, hugs and xxxl

Bigmac said...

Hi Tom

If a burping tip is the best she can do after such a long absence I think we can wait a little longer!

Great to hear she is sitting up, although I am slightly worried that you both seem to be such hives of activity at 5.41am......

My thoughts are with you both.

Ailis xx

Mom Self said...

This experience has certainly stripped the English Lady of her manners! Welcome to America!
Where real women burp and poop!
We just usually don't tell an entire blog audience about it.
But then again, most of us haven't experienced the SK Hotel either.

Great news to hear that you're sitting up and drinking, Bev.
Those hot wings may not be all that far away! But we'll just be happy for your baby steps right now. How's about we start with a Mickey D's chicken nuggets Happy Meal when the time comes???
Or all the crab you can eat at the Trappe Tavern! Now you're talkin'.

Granny did the 9:30 AM feeding of the twins "all by herself" this morning. What a juggling act. The trick is, you have to get organized before hand.
Then the baby that cries first, gets their bottle first. Easy peasy! And so nice to know that Lisa was getting some much needed sleep. Sleep is golden right now.
(Sleep has always been golden for Lisa.)

Well, I'm going to do another round of errands today. Better go check with the mommy and see how many stops I need to make. I just might have to drive by a Rita's and get me a mango geloti! I've only had 1 or 2 so far, so I'm due.

Keep on making that great progress, Bev. Don't worry about the prayers coming. We've gotcha covered big time.

Love You! Happy August First!
;-) xoxoxo

DJG said...

I'm terribly sorry to hear that Bev is off the steroids. Great things can be accomplished by people on steroids. For instance, tonight, I am going to a Dodger game where steroid-free pitcher Mark Hendrickson will give up a home-run to lying, cheating steroids user Barry Bonds, thus allowing Bonds to tie Hank Aaron's lifetime HR record. And tomorrow night, I'll be there as Bonds breaks the record against Brett Tomko. Bonds is making history -- all because of steroids. And now poor Bev is off the juice and will probably never break any MLB records because of it. Such a shame. On the other hand, perhaps there are some SK burping and pooping records in need of shattering...

Mom Self said...

Right on, Dana! I feel the same way about the Bonds record breaker and I'm not even a baseball fan. Just ask Tom!

Okay, Bev, we're ready for some "Bev Blog"! Either that or you'll have to hear about baseball,
shower fungus, heresay about your bodily functions.......... etc.

Have a good evening. ;-) xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Ah Bev, the simple pleasures are the best no? Must feel see good to be breathing, burping and feeling a bit better day by day. And Tom ,you sound great too...And I am with the rest of the gang- if you can sit and slurp (and watch boring old GMA), you can type! Hope, as always, that each day brings you more strength, great counts and light spirits. Prayers are being flung all around the world every day for you! XX Trina

betsy Shankin said...

Hi Tom Please tell Bev that I finally saw the photos from Eva and Tony's wedding, thought her shoes were really slutty...and does anyone really care or feel sorry for Lindsay? that's my 2 cent thought of pop culture until the next time I can read the rags...Baby Rachel sends hugs and we are thinking of you both everyday...Sorry you are having such a hard time...Keep fighting and burping! XOXOXO Betsy

clarky said...

Finally able to use a computer with all the keys and that doesn't crash every other minute! A huge, snog for a belated birthday lovely! Good to hear your sitting up and belching - you can't beat a good burp..
hells teeth your father's germs in the tile crack story disturbed me sufficiently enough to make me spend 2 hours scrubbing my bathroom HOWEVER I'm keeping the Paul Mitchell shampoo firmly in place..
The Brazilian sends his love and hopes that we can come and visit when you are back on your feet.
miss you and all my love to you,
Abi xxxxxxx