Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Blessed are the Pooper Scoopers.....

Today was a day of too much poop..... For those of you who like to catch up on my blog whilst enjoying dinner then look away now... Archie pooped on my brother and sister in laws carpet today just as a welcome home gift... and I pooped my pants! Side effect of the chemo I'm afraid....We must all feel sorry for the wonderful 'Yerlanda' who as you can probably guess does not hail from these shores but nonethless got the job of making my bed twice today....Bless all those who work here. "I'll get you my pretty and your little dog too!!!" (said in scary witch voice from the wizard of oz). Well, Archie looks a little bit like Toto....
Bless all those who pick up poop including my own parents who arrive in 48 hours and counting and I know relish this job above any other! Ahh good times......

In other news I have had a pretty good day. My mouth and throat are beginning to swell up with the nasty mucositis that some of you may remember from the last time but have not yet gotten so bad that I can't swallow some fluids and manage basic food. Tonight's dinner consisted of a Boost shake which is basically an energy shake for sick and old people......yum.......Meanwhile my husband had mexican al fresco last night and is dining out with friends again tonight.....hmmmm....I see a pattern here...Just kidding honey. He brought the Boost to the bedside before leaving, what more could a gal want.

I have also spent much of my day obsessed with buying shacks on the water in Maine having just returned from a ridiculoulsy awesome visit. I cannot tell you what a good time we had so if any one is up for going in on some ol shack on the water then let me know cause I am all fired up!! Lobster rolls rock....Tom had crab cakes benedict for breakfast and we ate homemade icecream together sitting on the hood of our car staring out at the bay. We took a schooner ride which was also wonderful and I am trying to conjure up the sounds of the water lapping against the wooden deck as I write..I need it on a sound loop in this room. Close your eyes and think of Maine.

I have been sucessfully skyping with some of you, you know who you are and thanks, cause it's means a lot to see your smiling faces. I feel pretty darn lucky sitting here tonight knowing that you guys are all out there rooting for me and reading the ramblings of an daft old English bird. SUCKERS! I'm making the best of it in here so I hope you are all doing the same out there. Think of me as you sip that yummy wine and taste that perfect morsel and just remember, you could be drinking Boost through a straw!

I love you all
bev

P.S Special love goes out to my peeps 'Baby Jack McHale' tonight - hang in there buddy cause that's how we roll in this family!

8 comments:

lauren&thebananas said...

hmmm, must ignore the poop. maine is swell though, no? hope you can keep the nasty mouth monsters away. miss you and feel that I can only impose on public blog readers every few days so I will keep this snappy and short.
and need to code the gossip with blind items. hear goes... let's just say "brenda" screened final shows and heard music in someone else's every day series that you were sitting near, and after 4 shows were cut blew it all up and asked for the music from a rembrandt documentary as that was more modern. can't make it up.
so we escaped relatively unscathed as we remain unscreened.
oh, went to fancy food show today and saw the dagoba people and become misty and nostalgic.
onlined first flay today, looks good and fun, you should be proud of all the work you did on that and will do in future!
oops, of course i couldn't stay short, or sweet. xxl love from all, mathias learned how to spin plates with a stick and walk on stilts at camp. xl

Mom Self said...

It was good talking to you this evening. So nice to hear you laugh. Addie really enjoyed hearing you sing to her. Knowing you may have a sore throat, she really appreciated it too.

It was nice of Tom to bring you a Boost. Do they come in a "juicy steak" flavor?

The girls are in for the night. Mommy decided to go to bed with baby. Good plan. If you don't sleep when the baby does, you probably won't sleep at all.
Besides, us gals know we all need our beauty rest. Although I can't imagine Addie being any more beautiful.

Hopefully, Mommy and Daddy will get more sleep tonight. Addie is a pretty noisy sleeper. Grunts and sqeaks in her sleep. Kinda like Grandpa Self!

Hope your "day of rest" continues to find you feeling good.

Granny's going to bed.

Sleep well. Angels watch you through the night. They'll wake you with the morning light.

God Bless! ;-) xo

MikeTheGoat said...

Dear Beverley,
You don't know me but your dad is supervising my PhD and told me about your blog.

I just thought I'd wish you good luck for the transplant tomorrow, hope all goes well.

Best wishes,

Mike

Bigmac said...

Drinking Boost shakes is enough to make anyone poop - although I am not sure what Archie's excuse is.....

Glad to hear you had a better day. Hopefully your "day of rest" will bring more improvements too - thoughts of Maine and Lobster rolls sound like good medicine to me.

Hopefully speak to you later

Love

Ailis xx

The Dad said...

Just finishing up the packing for tomorrow. Saw the bra !! Forget exchanging it. I have a friend who shops at the Queen's lingerie supplier. She can get you real classy support ! Dads can do anything !More later.
The Dad

Joyce Eldh said...

Dear Bev, Have enjoyed reading your blogs and am amazed your sense of humor is intact. I just had to respond because I have daily dealings with poop that I could never have dreamed of. We have a new puppy, a Havanese (although I'm convinced he is a mutant Jack Russell with severe learning disabilities). We named him Havi but have since renamed him Osama as he is terrorizing our family. He not only poops everywhere, but he also eats several morsels of it if one is not quick enough to scoop it up in time, which is a constant happening. We are thinking of putting him on a raft and shoving him off the SW coast of Block Island.
Your bro and sis-in-law were here last week. Found out your bro has a towel addiction/affliction. Needs new towels for every shower. Funny, been blaming my sis the whole time. He says it stems from a childhood trauma. Maybe the family doctor can fill us in a bit. Miss playing 20 questions with him. Hope he comes back to visit.
By the way, we have lobster rolls and lapping water here on the Block. When you're up for it, please come up with Tom and use our home for a bit. It's very healing here.
Good luck with the transplant. Thinking of you and your courage.
Joyce

melyay said...

welcome to the poop-in-your-pants club! i'm so happy to have your company! it's about time!
it makes me very sad to say, however, that being a person who actually has pooped their pants as an adult, i didn't have such a good excuse as chemo to blame it on. or any excuse, really, other than very poor judgement. i may have to take a second look at your application.
it's so nice to be able to keep up with you on your blog. and don't forget to skype us! i know it's not as fun when we don't have the doodle around, but maybe i can get don to do something funny.
m

Anonymous said...

Hi,Bev, Jo here.....you know the 1 in the the wheelchair, who bugs your sis constantly, and cried drunken buckets at your wedding...reading your blog for the first time, am amazed that your linguistic fluidity and legendery humour haven't desserted you under a constant diet of boost drinks! They too hold vivid , but very ugly memories for me!

I think of you always, and know you can beat this!

Will check back soon, the biggest hug! Jo xxxxxxxx