The title of this post has nothing to do with Bev (although she's surviving quite nicely) but with the name that the Discovery Channel has given its Friday night lineup we're about to watch. "Man vs. Wild" is one of the best shows on TV and as far as I know, the only place where you can learn how to properly exract drinking water from an elephant turd. Enough about that however, I can see I'll need to be quick, Bev has just changed the channel to VH1.
The bronchoscopy went well (says the man who didn't have a camera shoved down his throat) and we should have some results on Monday. Quick overview of a bronchoscopy: they stick a camera into your lungs, they pump in some water, rough up the inside a little with a pipe cleaner, suck out the water, put it on a few petri dishes and see what grows. Sound fun? Could be bacteria. Could be fungus. Could be viral. Or it could be nothing. Right now Bev's throat is a little sore and she's pretty tired, but her counts are good, spirits are high and she's very happy not to be getting a bronchoscopy tomorrow.
That's all for now. We're both pretty tired, but stay tuned to the blog. In the next couple of days a well-respected Cambridge microbiologist will explain how women are the cause of lung infections.
That's all for now - keep the prayers coming.
-Tom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the update. Glad that the broncho is yeterday's news. On to better and better things!
I like "Man vs. Wild" too, but for the life of me I don't understand his reasoning when he climbs down the middle of a roaring waterfalls.
"Lets's see...let me just find the the rocks that are most slippery around here, with freezing water running over them. Ah, perfect." "Oh my! My entire body is numb...my fingers are literally blue....no feeling..." DUH!
Anyway, enough of my editorial comments. He still trumps VH1, and he is good with the turds .
Good counts is good news!
Hope you both rest well tonight.
Love to both of you.
Dad
Any procedure with "oscopy" on the end of it is one to steer clear of! Glad it is over and hope it is the last. No big news from here- we released this poor bloke who had been supposedly connected to the Glasgow bombings- thing is they didn't actually have any evidence. Oops! It is a stunning Spring day here and I just cleaned my apt. top to tail which always feels good mundane as it is. My flatmate returns, alas, from the states tomorrow so no more watching movines in my undies or dancing around singing to music badly. Man, I need my own place again. Hope every day finds you stronger, counts higher and body rejuvunating! Thinking of you every day! Trina
Hello Bev and all you wonderful lot way over there,
Here in Ledbury we continue to read your blog every evening and are eagerly following all that is going on. Great to get the 'photos. We send our loving thoughts to you all 'cos we are thinking of you all the time. You are an inspiration!
Ruth and Frank
hi bunny sorry about the camera down your throat--can you start drinking watermelon juice or something? shall I have waring send you a blender?? Or point a camera at the dr??
Isn't man vs wild the show where the NYT outed the guy for sleeping in 4 star hotels while the cameras weren't rolling?
Also speaking of nyt, pete wells posted a story in the dining blog about grant achatz battling throat cancer, I thought you might want to
see that.
As for me, we're having a kitchen playdate here tomorrow, and i'm on the eternal hunt for what to wear on the today show. (read another excuse to hit the bird sale). I will miss you setting off the alarms.
Sending out lots of love and good thoughts, and apologies for delayed package mailing, I will blame lindsey as I can never get her back here to help me with the things i am useless with, haha.
xxl ps more bday greetings from the bananas:
"Happy Birthday Bev, I hope you had a good birthday, I wish I could come. love, mathias"
"Happy Birthday Bev, I hope all your wishes come true. love, Natasha."
xl
Tom after all of you do the sitcom about blogging, you need to do one on the patient's husband's point of view. "My Life as the Stuffed Toy in the Corner".
Glad the scoping is done. Praying for good results so that you can get healed up and on your way.
Jack and Addie are waiting to see you again. They Miss Auntie Bev and Uncle Tom. Maybe if you post a blog to them, I could read it to them. I promise I won't show anyone else. ;-)
The day is almost gone. Time flies when you add two babies to the mix. But because they are so adorable you don't even notice time go by. I'm trying to make it stand still for them and fly for you. Not an easy task.
The babies are also a captive audience to Maw Maw's singing! They have that same look on their face that Tom used to get when I sang to him. I guess that means they like it.
I'm off to my appointed errands today. Didn't do Costco yesterday cause I just didn't want to go there during rush hour. So instead I'll go on a busy Sat. afternoon!
Wishing you all a good weekend!
Love ya! ;-) xo
Bev,
Happy Birthday! Sorry I'm a little late with the well wishes. Sounds like is was a raucous party.
As a side note, I used to work in an old folks home (I'm sure that is not what they would want me to call it) and I had to feed them that Ensure stuff. Boy was that a tough sell, but they eventually gulped it down. I know you are wondering what was I doing working in an old folks home and I really don't have a good answer for that. It was a college job is all I can say.
As you heard from dear Lynn, the American Princess show is in full swing. America is waiting with bated breath (I hope I spelled that right or your dad will have me hung) to find out who will be crowned America's next princess. Hmmm...there is no such thing as an American princess title? Oh, the magic of television. The things you can get people to do. You wouldn't know anything about that.
Anyway, I do think of you often and my thoughts are with you. I'm constantly amazed at your strength and upbeat attitude. Keep it up and keep that count up.
All the best,
Brad
Wishing you sweet dreams and a pleasant tomorrow. Good night!
Love you! ;-) xo
Hi Bev & Tom
Glad to hear the counts are still good, and that you are using this time to inform yourselves how to drink elephant poo and survive wild animal attacks (I am guessing it is Bear Gryll)in case the future cabin turn out to be in the mountain rather than by the ocean.
And I thought the reading material in the toilet would teach you everthing......
I am currently wearing latex gloves so please excuse the typing - not in your honour but because I am finally getting on with the gloss painting of the 2 smallest rooms in order for the new carpets to go down
tomorrow morning - nothing like a bit of a pressure deadline. Anyway, all because you made me write my 4 things to do list whilst I was visiting - so thanks are due to you. 1 down 3 to go.....
Love to you all
Ailis xx
Post a Comment