So Bev's not feeling so hot today. A lot of nausea and severe crappiness, I imagine it's like severe stomach flu or food poisoning without any relief. The week leading up to the transplant she's getting five days of chemo made up of two types of chemo drugs. One of the drugs (starts with an "M") is the main culprit for causing the nausea, but the good news is that she only gets that the first two of the five days and those days are behind us. Hopefully she'll be feeling better and up to blogging later today or tomorrow. Still three more days (including today) of the other drug (starts with an "F") before her day of rest. It'll be good to be off all the M-F-ing drugs and on to the transplant.
The phalanx of whitecoats will be around soon to feel Bev's ankles and ignore me. On the first days of our stay I would get a little nervous. Was I doing everything the caregiver should, was I being as sterile as I should be in their white-coated opinions? It didn't take long for me to remember they're all just a bunch of asses, a well-learned group of asses with the latest knowledge in fighting cancer, but asses none-the-less. And asses don't give a crap about me, to them I may as well be a large plush toy in the corner with mask and gloves. Fine with me, just make my wife better.
God bless the nurses, everyone praying for us and supporting us, everyone going through cancer treatment and even God bless the asses.
-Tom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hi!
This was the best one I could find..
Q: How many doctors does it take to change a light bulb?
A: One…….he stands there holding the bulb while the nursing staff
turns the building.
Thinking of you lots and lots... when I can hear myself think over the noise of the new drum paraphenalia that you made possible in our garage.. Mark assures me that he WILL be as enthusiastic about the delivery of baby as he was about the drum pedal!
Take care.
With all our thoughts and love
Caitlin
xxx
Tom,
Thanks for the update and give her our love. A good nurse is an unbelievable thing. In my opinion they're the true caregivers and healers - along with family, of course. If she didn't see this already on perezhilton, this is great for a laugh:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIGbhPLZmjY
Much love,
Mandy & Rob
Don't worry, if there is one thing I tell people about you Tom it is that you are sterile....I should probably stop telling people that.
Greetings From the Corte Bella Compound,
No,don't worry,no update on me tonight. Suffice to say that all "systems" are "go" here.
Glad to have your blog back Bev....even the one written by the big plush toy in the corner!
Talked with the Philly Phanatics earlier. They are working hard preparing for Addie's arrival home tomorrow. I sensed both excitement and nervousness as they approach the next episode of "Where did my life go?" Jack has decided he can't
leave just yet...he's having too much fun with the nurses. He won't be far behind, and then the fun will swing in to full gear!
I'll close for now. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.
Love,
Dad Self
Hi Team Self
Obviously the thought of seeing me in my dressing gown for another night in a row (courtesy of Skype webcam and the time difference) has caused this latest bout of feeling sick - don't think that is one that even the nurses can help you with.....
All my thoughts are with you
Love
Ailis xx
We must maintain standards !
Did you mean Nauseous.
The Dad
Post a Comment