Days five, six and seven are supposedly the worst days. We're hoping that's true, because we're heading into the dusk of day seven. Had another great visit from Miki and David today and they'll be back tomorrow (with clean laundry!!!!). We'd enjoy the company even without the occasional wash and fold service, but Bev and I are far too smart to turn something as wonderful as that down.
The weather here has been great the past week or so, great for Miki and David and great for riding my bike in Central Park. When Bev and I finally get out of this city, we may occasionally miss things like Central Park and being able to find sushi anywhere, but those moments will quickly pass as we watch our dogs play in the back yard from our big deck (rivaling Jay's Big Deck). Be it in the big city or in the burbs or the countryside, I know Bev can't wait to get out and enjoy the end of summer and start of fall.
As I'm blogging, Bev's sitting by the window dozing as we both listen to a little Lyle Lovett. It'd be a lot nicer in our backyard with a beer. Soon it will be.
Love,
Tom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm hoping along with you that the worst days are behind you. Lyle Lovett, a nap and a sunset sound great - even better in a few weeks when you two leave Sloan behind.
Sending thoughts and prayers your way.
Peggy
hope you guys get some rest tonight, and enjoy your family. plse let me know if you're up for a visit on monday or tues, we have the big move on thurs, hurray. lots of good thoughts from your beloved brooklyn family, xl et al...
Glad to see the post, I was going to call and bug you but the post keeps me at bay with the update. ;-) Starting the blog was a great idea.
Day 7, gosh I can't believe it. I know how hard biding the time must be but stay strong. It will only seem like a blip in the long road that will be your lives. Ok so a pretty loud blip but the future will hold so many great times. Fall in NY is nice, you're making me nostalgic (thanks.) Must remember the glass and urine incident...
We can't wait to have you out to California so keep us in mind. I might be hobbling but you won't mind a little hop-a-long right? Ok, I'll even do your laundry if you come. If that isn't incentive I don't know what is.
Love you both very much. Dreading Monday some, Bev can we chat on Sun or Monday early? I would like to talk with you if you're able before my Monday at 2:30pm Pacific Time surgery.
love,
Sara
So happy to hear that you are ending day 7- and that things should start looking up now. Looking forward to Bev's posts real soon. Tom - you are great, but it is nice to know that Bev is well enough to write herself.
Look forward to hearing what day 8 has in store. keep us posted.
love you both,
tracy
Post a Comment