Saturday, August 19, 2006

A Whole new mouth.

Just what I needed, a whole new mouth! The inside of my mouth is getting a brand new coating of cells from the tounge to the sides etc. Everything is sloughing off in prepapration for the new ones, so the good news is that just as you are all slowing down and finding your mouths are often tired and worn out I will be able to talk even more than I can now!!!!

Things are pretty much the same here otherwise, still dealing with the nasty sunburn effects of the radiation boost and Mum and Dad visit each day. They sort laundry and then make it re-appear clean and smelling fresh the next dav (Tom's little miracle).....Anyone who has been in a similar sort of situation to us knows how great it is to have your parents just show up and start helping out. Comforting goes a long way to describing the feeling.

The doctors are all really pleased and if pushed they are talking maybe any day from the 27th og August as being possible release days. Could be sooner but we will know moe early next week. Send all your thougts and prayers that the dog recognises us....

well thats it for today. Hope all is well in all your lives and look forward to cacthing up when I get out of this hole!!!

lots of love
Bev

4 comments:

Furrey Family said...

YEAH! Bev is back! You must be feeling a little bit better! A new tongue? That is interesting-
I just love how you are keeping us posted with details! It lets me know what to pray for! I will pray that your 'new tongue' is better than ever:)

So glad that your parents are able to be there with you for this rough time in your life- what a blessing they are.

You are so amazing- keep your head up. This too shall pass.......

Tracy

Sara said...

Yeah congrats, you will be able to taste yummy foods again! love you,
sara

lauren&thebananas said...

hey sweetie we're so glad your taste buds are kicking again! looking forward to hearing your lilting voice v. soon xxl

Bigmac said...

....And I was just getting used to having one way conversations on the phone (a very strange phenomena)- will be great to hear your voice in full force again (I think!)

Great to see you up to typing again, and that the Doc's seem to be preparing your release papers in a timely fashion.

Fall in New York on your back patio sounds good - and I bet Archie can't wait either. Now that your parents are there to support and lend a helping hand, I hope You and Tom will be able to just sit back, catch your breath and spend some time for a little while.

All my Love

Ailis xx