I was awake at 6am this morning while they drew blood and generally messed around with my tubing and I found my thoughts turning to home and how much I would like to go home. I was imagining what it will be like to get out of here when I am done and I could clearly see myself lounging on my couch drinking tea, (hopefully interspersed with the odd glass of wine or bottle of beer), and spending time with my family. All pretty much my favorite things to do. I won't say I was feeling exactly sorry for myself cause we all know that's not my style but it was 6am and I couldn't sleep and I'm sure we've all been there with thoughts in our head that won't go away.
Then I got to thinkng about people in other parts of the world and in particular Lebanon and Israel and I realized that their concept of home has been radically changed over the last 4 weeks. Many of them are fleeing homes with no time to even take belongings with them and also fearful that their homes will be rubble by the time they are able to return.
This sudden loss of home and what is familiar to me is hard even for just the 4 weeks I am facing it for and I cannot imagine living with the kind of uncertainty refugees and displaced persons face all over the world today. Needless to say I did eventually fall asleep after deciding to ask you all today who read this blog to send out your good thoughts or prayers whatever your persuasion, to displaced persons across the globe in the hope that they too may find their way home soon.
lots of love
b
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Bev,
Thanks for the update. I am thinking of you as I lie in bed waiting for the time to pass and my knee to get better. Silly me, charades is not my game!
I wanted to say your posting really went along with a great documentary movie I watched today. I have to get it for you it was a really simple hopeful story. This is how the sundance channel website described it,
"Raised in Jerusalem by an American mother and an Israeli father, Danae Elon was additionally looked after by Musa Obeidallah, a Palestinian father of 11, hired by her parents as Danae’s caretaker. Now, after falling out of touch for more than a decade, Elon attempts to contact Musa, who she understands lives in a dangerous section of the occupied territories."
It was so good because it was the joining of his Palestinian family to her Israel family in this time of war. They both trusted and loved each other because the Palestinian had helped raise her and he separated her and her family from Israel. Most of the sons of the Palestinian live in NJ and it was a really hopeful story about how people can come together regardless of their differences because they love each other. And a good homecoming story, in the sense that home is where your family is!
I love you!
Sara
Hi Babe. How like you to be thinking and praying for others even when you are experiencing rough times yourself - I knew there was a reason everyone loves you so much!
Glad to hear you had a better day, it must be all that soul food that Tom is providing.....
Sounds like you will have to fight Archie for the best spot on the couch when you get home (and Tom hasn't even reserved his space yet either). But I bet you can't wait?
Thinking of you always
Ailis xx
with a glorious couch like yours, who wouldn't be fantasizing about it? i myself dream about it, and it's not even mine!
as you know, i've reserved you already for a night of wine, carry-out and the DVR in the not-to-distant month of september.
love,
melissa
Post a Comment