Sunday, July 22, 2007

After 24 hours up on level 21 in the Sloane Kettering EELDFLU suite (english evaporation and linguistic detoxification for limeys unit) , I was pronounced fit to Blog again. So mostly monosyllabic (oops!) words today and single clause sentences. Here goes......

The good news is

1. Beverley is sipping and swallowing ice water !
2. Beverley's counts -although still low- DOUBLED in the last 24 hours !
3. York Ave is full of bunting for Tom's return tomorrow.
4. I am up to date with the laundry.

Thats all Folks !

The Dad

16 comments:

Figs, Bay, Wine said...

Fantastic, Bev!

Bigmac said...

Hi Bev

Glad to hear that ice water is now possible - not long before we can make that a Vodka & Tonic instead.......

Love ya

Ailis x

Dad Self said...

To Bev, The Mom, & The Dad,
Hello to all, and a special welcome back to the Blogmeister General. Good to have you back on point. I must admit I missed the tales of foreign intrigue (cabbies), and flying blue bags of laundry!
WOW... the white count daily double! Tomorrow the trifecta. That's super news, and ice water going down too...outstanding.
Good to hear the parade route is all ready for Tom.....I trust the steam pipes have been inspected on
York Ave. Hope the playoff did not affect his flight schedule.
Looking forward to more good reports tomorrow.
Love,
Dad Self

Mom Self said...

So glad to hear this good news. Little by little, you're on your way. Keep up the good work.
And Tom is winging his way home to you! He'll be so happy that you're feeling better.

I was able to attend Sunday services at St. Matt's again today. Pastor Bruce Lenich preached in the absence of the Sr. Pastor (who is on vacation). Bev, I think you may have met him one year at Christmas time. He's always been a favorite of ours and he didn't disappoint today. I brought him up to speed on the Self/Ellar/McHale saga. Both he and his wife, Arline, send their best wishes and prayers.

During his opening comments he mentioned his 8 yr old grandson and what a joy being a grandparent is. That gave me an excellent opening to show him my little brag book. (Which I just happened to have with me.) After church, I was able to have brunch with our friend, Dottie. Had a nice long chatty visit.

This afternoon Lisa and I went up to visit Jack . Jay had taken the earlier visit. I got to give Jack his bottle. First time I've fed him. He downed it in no time and then we had a nice long visit. He was wearing the outfit that you bought him that says, "If you think I'm cute, you should see my twin." Addie wore hers today, too.

Came home and got to give Addie her 9 PM bottle. On my way to bed now but wanted to read the blog and was so happy to read of your progress. My heart is full and life is good. Onward and upward!

Lots of positive indications that Jack will most likely be home by tomorrow evening. This time I'd say there's a 95% possibility it'll happen. So things are going to be getting pretty exciting around here. Look out Glennview Lane!

Therefore.... Granny is heading to bed to get all the sleep she can. Feels a bit like Christmas Eve. Hopefully I won't be too excited to fall asleep.

We'll keep you posted. Sleep well.
;-) xo

Hugs to Tom when you see him.

Anonymous said...

Hello Bev! Well done darling! Onwards and upwards with the counts and I am sure that Tom's return will boost the old immune system and send those good cells into happy land... glad to hear about all the good news and hope you have a great beg. to the week! XX T

Sara said...

Such great news Bev! Little ice bits, who thought they'd make us so happy! Take it easy. We love you!

Sara

Sheila Cabano said...

Let's keep those counts doubling! Looking forward to buying you something stronger than ice water. All good thoughts and prayers are being sent from the West side to the East side.

xo
Sheila

Pete Malone said...

Bev, That's great news! Bunting for Tom's return to the states. WOW! Sounds like a real celebration. Just kidding.

The great news of course is that you are doing well. Dawn and I are thinking of you and wishing you higher and higher counts. And with the risk of sounding like an idiot....what exactly is being counted? I know that higher is gooder...so MORE MORE MORE!!!

Love,

Pete & Dawn

Unknown said...

Ms. Bev,

It's Jörg currently in beautiful Ohio. You thought you had it bad in the hospital -- try "swapping wives" in the Mid West...

Honestly, you and Tom should consider it! If you speed up that recuperation process just a tad bit, I promise to swing by with tons of anecdotes. Is that an incentive or what?

Thinking of you and keeping all available fingers crossed that those pretty little white blood

Unknown said...

...cells keep multiplying.

Jörg

Lee Joseph Dip Hyp said...

To Bev,

Bev just wanted to send you my best wishes, adding to all the positive vibes you are receiving !

Set your minds eye on reaching a future goal something achievable...... what the mind believes the body will achieve.

Lets get that white cell count sawing.

Lee J
Cambs Uni
UK

melyay said...

Hey Bev -
Don and I are thinking of you! Archie (aka "The Shadow") is too!
Love -
Melissa

Cheryl said...

Hi Bev,
So glad your counts are starting to come up! Have the engraftment process started? I am hoping to hear that it goes very smoothly and you are changing over to your new A+ blood type in a quick fashion!!!
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hey Beeeverley--
I first must apologize for my absence from the blog. You know how the exciting world of television can be...

I have been thinking about you on a constant basis and have been sending positive vibes your way. Hope you have been feeling them (more than the mouth meanies).

I just got caught up on all the posts so I am up to date on your progress. So happy to hear that your numbers are doubling. Can't wait to hear that they are tripling and that you are heading home.

To update you on the TV world, we are into week 2 of our new season. We are furiously researching new topics and hiring a staff. Our offices are in the West Village and coincidentally Brad is working on the same floor (he is cutting American Princess while we research people that are saving the planet, need I say more?!?) Things are going well so far. Would love for you to get your butt out of there so i could put you to work however!

Feel good and keep those counts rising!

xo
Lynn

Mom Self said...

Good to hear from Tom. He filled us in on what's up. He sounded very glad to be there with you.
I know you're very glad about it, too.

First full day of 2 babies on board. Went swimmingly! No complaints. Lisa and Jay have them on the same eating and sleeping schedule. Bravo! They just have to learn to sleep while the babies sleep. Especially at night.

That's what Granny's going to do right now! Sweet dreams! ;-) xo

Karen Kane said...

we will definitely take ice water!!! Fantastic news. Onward and upward!
kk