Just in time to counteract my husbands bad spelling apparantly......Had a slightly better day today with no nasty chemo drug begining with M, although I did get the one beginning with F. They also started me on some other drugs to help suppress my immune systsem and so on it goes.......The nurses let me take a shower unooked from all my tubes which was pure luxury.. Hot water and plenty of big soft towels I had brought from home. I get to take a shower like that every 4 days and inbetween it's a little more tricky but you don't need the details.....Suffice to say my grandmothers expression of "A Penny Wash" comes into play.
Sounds like it's hot out there for all you folks with dangers of rolling blackouts - so hey, think twice before you crank that air conditioner tonight, you wouldn't want to deprive a cancer patient of their nice icebox now would you.....Just kidding, I'm sure there's a generator here somewhere.... Have been a little out of touch with the celebrity news so will have to catch up and then get back to you all. Will be watching the usual tonight, Little People Big World on TLC which I am addicted to followed by the Closer on TBS. Both solid Monday night viewing choices for those of you with nothing better to do, like me..
You will all be pleased to hear that Archie's summer adventure continues, tonight he gets to spend the night at home with Tom and Tom's best freind Pete and his wife to be, Dawn. By the way, Tom will be officiating at their wedding next year which is kind of exciting. I mean, we did it on Queer Eye but we realy had no idea if it was actually legal!!!! Anyhoo, I'm sure they'll figure out any snafoo's by then. As of tomorrow Archie enters the world of his favorite cousin, Molly the beautiful chocolate lab. Here he will torture and be tortured for a while until my mum and dad arrive this week to keep the peace and walk them both.
Phew, they say it takes a village to raise a child, it feels like it takes an army to heal one. Well thats all for now folks as I sense the nausea creeping in again and the need for some more drugs. Hope you are all well and the best news of the day is that my little neice Addie felt well enough to make the journey home. Hang in there Jack, I know exactly how you feel buddy.
xoxox
bev
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hi, spent way too much time fighting google to repost, sorry for delay. So glad to hear you are BACK, the bananas and I (and Anth and Nikolai) miss you terribly. As does the embassy row team who sends lots of hugs...
ok, now for the top hilarious stories of the day to distract you:
I got offered my dream job today--to star in an infomercial. details to follow.
William Morris told me to come back when I am famous, but not to do said infomercial.oh and they will rep me as a producer so i told them to come back when i was famous.
The dave/yahoo food show wants the bananas and I to guest star in episode. since I'm not yet famous and it's not an infomercial i said yes.
and finally in other job related news, sealing the deal with bush's beans. wow, good times!
otherwise drove out en famille for 3hr+ trip to anth's brother's girlfriend's family house (still wiht me, this one is worth following) for relaxing jersey shore holiday wknd. we tumble out of car, mother/host says you can drop your bags but then get out as I'm having company for dinner and you (yes you, the 5 and 4 1/2 yr olds too) stay out until at least 10. lovely. we came back at 8:30 as an hour of googling hotels came back booked due to it being holiday wknd. eventually we had fun at the beach.
can't make it up. sorry, but since no one had posted i felt the need to keep you occupied for an inordinate time.
nausea be gone says natasha, and we love and miss you and are so proud of the kick a** job you are doing. xxl, a, n, m and n
Oh wonderful news! I was so glad to read today was better for you. I'm thinking of you all the time. I'll send you some good reading! xoxo
sara
Ok, this is my third attempt at posting something Bev- I am like an Amish person! Bloody Hell! I finally wrote a witty repartee yesterday and it didn't stick, God only knows why.And witty repartee is not always easy in such astute company let me tell you! I am reading the blog every day though and am enjoying hearing from you and Tom and trying to imagine you there in your room and I hope comfy pjs as the docs come in and palpate the old ankles. I wish it was in better circumstances of course- but glad to see your signature humour in place and hoping it all just gets over soon and that you never have to go back. Ever.
I am about to go to work after a very boring day- doing laundry and errands and having a cold. My life is sort of on hold at the moment while I wait for my new visa. Hurry up and wait applies to film and departments of immigration...I try to make the best f it as there are worse places to be- like the "F" train in 95 degrees. I am reading heaps and exercising and blah de blah- am looking forwarad to having the residency thing sorted. I wish I could be there to see you and cook for you when you come out- that hospital food is dangerous. Remember Laila's and the snow and Moose? Ah.... Holding you and Tom in my thoughts lovely. Will keep reading. You rock. Love- Trina
Hello again Aunty Bev...I am thinking of you as I just spent my 1st night at home with my rookie Mom & Dad. It's now been over 24 hrs. since they've seen a wink of sleep. They're both looking like the stuffed, plush animals in the corner right about now - without masks & gloves though. Don't worry, I know they'll be fine.
My big brother Jack wanted me to tell you to keep up the good work at the hospital. I miss you both so much! Last night, before I went to sleep, I said lots of prayers for you & Jack with Mommy & Daddy. I love you!!!
Love, Addie!
God bless us! Everyone!!
Glad to see that the Mc Yukkies are passing. (I won't try to spell nauseous).
You both continue to amaze us with your wonderful senses of humor! You lift us all up and give us "great expectations"! You have not lost the ability to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
I want to make a witness.....
Baby Momma and Pappa made it through the their first night with a baby on board. No sleep, but they made it. (FYI: Maw Maw got her 40 winks!)
It was a priceless vision to look down into the great room this morning and see Addie cradled in her Daddy's arms and Mommy watching over them. And me, without my camera!
Addie entertained them through the night with her sqeaks and wiggles. She's sleeping like a baby right now. I think she's adapted to her new home just fine.
Jack had a good NICU report. So in a couple of weeks he should be home, too. So sleep will become an even rarer comodity.
We hope you have a good "day off", Bev. As always, you and Tom are both constantly in our prayers.
Love,hugs and kisses! Mom Self
So glad that you are back to blogging again- although not at the expense that you have to go through to do it!
I just can't stop laughing at the thought of the 'big plush toy in the corner'! I keep picturing all of the 'asses' touching Bev's ankles while the 'big plush toy' watches from the corner as if he is not even there! How cruel!
I hope that today blesses you with some interesting things going on as you look out the window 8 stories below. There might even be some intersting creatures in the clouds if you focus hard enough! Anything to keep you busy as you sit at the 'spa'!
Please know that we are always thinking of you and praying for you (and that amazing cousin of mine) as you go through yet another 'journey'. If there is anything that we can do- let us know. We love you both,
Tracy (and Matt & kids)
Wow, I figured this out pretty fast. Thought I was going to have to fight with this for a while like Lauren did.
This is so cool that we can type to you both. Reading does help past the time.Glad to hear that the room and view is better that the last time you were there.
God bless you both and the white male that is giving so kindly. Our prayers are with you all during this time and always. You both are the strongest people I know. Hang in there, we love you, Uncle John and Aunt Patty
Hi Beverley - remember me? More to the point, you must remember Damien, Corin and Tyrrell who grew up with you for a little while at Kingston. You gave Damien chickenpox at your sixth birthday party in 1978 - oops, is that giving too much away?? He gave it to the other two and to me, because I had not had it as a child! We are all thinking of you and sending our best with your Mum and Dad as they fly out to you. Will be keeping up with all the news - lots and lots of love xx
Post a Comment