Sunday, July 15, 2007

Deja Vu

Hello from Miki (the Mom)

Well here I am, at Sloan again this summer. (NOTE TO BEV: find something better to do with your summers Kiddo. Much as I like this place I do NOT want to come back again next year!). David and I arrived safely and easily on Thurs despite Jen's friend's admonishment not to fly Virgin as they don't go all the way. Well Jean this time they did thankfully for us, And now here we are. Well here I am actually. The Dad is on the beach and the husband is on the golf course - what a life. David, John and Audrey are enjoying a fine day at the beach but he'll be back here first thing Mon with the clean laundrey (he hasn't been entirely wasting his time).

Bev's energy levels are up today but the mouth monsters are still with us. The nurses earned their money last night (when do they not?) as three patients 'spiked' fevers and had to go down for xrays. Made bedtime a bit late but, hey, we're not going anywhere and can catch up on zzzzs anytime.

Bev is now three days post transplant and counting. Counts still low but each day brings changes good and bad as the new stem cells engraft. Do please keep those messages and comments coming (well done Jennie for persevering). Bev feels her isolation in here very much and loves knowing what everyone outside is up to. So as the man says, keep those cards and letters coming.

Miki

P.S. Hope you're feeling better Lauren and ten bucks says you were on your treo!

10 comments:

melyay said...

Hey Bev!
We've been thinking of you and waiting for word on when we can come for a visit. No pressure- but we'd be there in a second! I hope you're feeling better every day.
I'm leaving for New Haven on August 20 - I'm hoping you're out and feeling better well before then so we can enjoy the last of summer over some outdoor cocktails. Lord knows I'm going to need them as I'm finishing up this job. If not, I should be coming back on most weekends to visit.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Love -
Melissa

Bigmac said...

Hi Bev & Miki

Glad to hear the girls are hanging out together whilst the men are doing the laundry.....

I too have to report an accident - although mine only involves a very overgrown archway of roses which I was attempting to tame, most of which now appear to be left sticking into various parts of my hand and arms. Thank goodness for the english weather - I was forced to retreat by a heavy rainstorm and could from that point on only look out the window at what needed to be done.

Hopefully the rain will continue until until winter when all the rose leaves will fall off anyway so I won't notice it!

Love you Bev, and am counting the days.

Ailis xx

Sis said...

Hi, Bev, I am really glad that Mum and Dad are both with you now.
I hope you soon start to see some improvement.
Well news from across the pond. Laura, Alex, and I , went to see a close friend jump 12 thousand feet from a plane yesterdy, it was fantastic to watch from the safety of Earth!!!!
She has managed to raise $1000 for charity. Well done Tracy.We are very proud of her.
We were blessed wih one of those rare days of sun.
No news on the house front yet, and it looks like it will be when Laura is on holiday Ha,Ha,Ha, I am enjoying my few days off.
Love you always Bev, look forward to hearing from you soon,
Ps Mum I miss our walks,
Pps, Laura sends her love to everyone

Mom Self said...

Thanks for keeping up the blog, Miki. Always good to hear how things are going.

Our suggestion is that perhaps next summer, Tom and Bev spend part of their summer on some tropical island paradise! Palm trees, tropical breezes, fancy little umbrella drinks! Blue skies and sunshine.........
Tom would make a great cabana boy!

Glad you two had a good flight over. I'd say you've paid your dues with the bumpy flights. Let's hope the rest of Bev's hospital stay is smooth sailing as well. Fueled by lots of healthy new cells. Your presence will help to comfort Bev through the next few weeks.

Men doing laundry does my heart good. David will have to call Mike and swap "desparate house-husband" stories. ;-)))) Mike's becoming quite the domestic icon!

Life in "Babyland" is good. Addie continues to make progress. She wishes her Auntie Bev a speedy recovery. Jack is doing his best to get home from the NICU. He, too, sends his love and kisses.
He says he can relate to Auntie Bev trying to get stronger each day. He is, too.

That's our update. Get some rest and thanks for keeping us posted.
We'll do the same.

Hugs all around! ;-) xo

lauren&thebananas said...

hi there, and welcome miki...sorry about the pesky mouth meanies, mathias and natasha highly recommend lots of ice cream, natasha says you might want to skip the sprinkles.

We can definitely dig up a house for you somewhere next summer with sandy shores so that is your goal, dream of the those waves and colored cocktails.

Miki if you need anything please ring, I am finished with my show pretty much by the end of this week so it's no trouble.

ok bevvie, start healing, lots to be done in the late fall!! xxl
PS it's shocking, but I was truly not on my treo. That's what really spooked me:)

Anonymous said...

hi darling! Ah, it must be great to have you rmom there... mom healing energy is of a special and singular brand- hello to her and to you on these "days after". I can't stop thinking about how you will have a different blood type. That is just so cool and strange! I hope evey day the good stuff keeps coming and the bad stuff fades into a distant memory. I am home tonight- my flatmate is there in NYC actually- so I can be a sloppy as I like and drink wine on the couch and watch "Deadwood" til I fall asleep. I shouldn't annopunce these exciting days publicly online. People might get jealous. Listening to Johhny Cash and contemplating if 6pm is too early for a wine.
As for next summer, why wait- you can have summer in Australia from November on! Hell, have 2 summers this year! Love, Trina

Dan said...

Hi Bev,
You've been on my mind a lot lately. I keep finding myself in that neighborhood (for seminars, collaborations, etc. at Rockefeller), and I think I can spot your room from the street. When you're feeling better, we'll arrange a window rendezvous.
love,
dan
p.s. can you see the Roosevelt island tram?!?

Aunt Patty said...

Glad to hear that Mum and Dad arrived safely, and are keeping up with how you are doing.So sorry about the mouth monsters.Saying prayers that they will go away soon.
So Miki, did David do the laundry on the rocks at the beach? That's a good way to kill two birds with one stone. Clean clothes and sitting on the beach with a drink in hand I would think. Not a bad idea. Have you heard how Tom's golf game is going? Only kidding Tom.
Bev you hang in there, and as for next summer you could be doing laundry on the beach or golfing, if you golf. Lot's of love, Aunt Patty

Cathy said...

Hi Bev,
What a brilliant idea this is. It is so good to know how things are with you each day, up in your eyrie in the clouds. Some eagle!(Not to be confused with those on the golf course down below. Hope the boys are doing well with the golf bats)We all send all love, prayers and hugs. You are in our thoughts absolutely all the day.
Cathy

Sara said...

Bev-ie!

I hope you're feeling better today. I sent a Fed ex that was delivered today at 2pm eastern. Look out for it!
xoxo
sara