Friday, July 06, 2007

Evening Peeps, So glad to read all your postings, it makes me feel so connected in this strange isolated world, it's the best tonic so keep em coming. Today was pretty uneventful but started well when my favorite nurse showed up from last time I was in here. She's working days now and was taking care of me today so we got to catch up. Spent the day reading and watching movies which I am sure sounds like fun to some of you but trust me, its not all that exciting. By the way, note to self, 'Sherry Baby' is kind of a downer! Thankfully the room gets sunlight pretty much all day and I can sit up on the window sill and watch the world go by 8 stories below or, I can lie on my back on the couch, look up at the clouds and pretend I'm on the beach. A good imagination is key you understand...... I'm sure you can't wait mum...

I got hooked up to two new chemo drugs today along with some anti nausea stuff, (thank god), no bad side effects so far but watch this space! Most likely they won't show up till early next week. Good to have something to look forward to.... ;-)
This morning Tom and I were visited by about 10 doctors all at the same time, we were glad we had the bigger room or half of them would have been in the hallway. There's a joke in there somewhere about doctor's and changing a light bulb but I'm too tired to think of one. Suffice to say they all troop in, feel my ankles, (that seems to be a popular one), listen to my lungs and then leave. I'm more a fan of the nurses myself.

In celebrity news I am looking forward to Desperate Housewife Eva Longoria's wedding tomorrow in Paris as I am sure you are too.. Can't wait to see those pics. According to my very reliable sources (In Touch Magazine), the cake cost $15,000. Gotta love the glitz! Also looking forward to the big Live Earth concert Al Gore has been organizing while he wasn't busy bailing his son out of the drunk tank and helping him into rehab. Should be a good show.

Well I'm signing off for now as my food has arrived... well, you can't really call it food but you get the gist.

Lots of love
bev

5 comments:

Jay & Lisa said...

Hello Aunty Bev...we told Mommy & Daddy to tell you that we love you & miss you & hope you feel better really soon! We are saying our prayers and asking God to watch over you every day & night. We can't wait 'til all this silly hospital stuff is over and we can see you again!
Take good care Aunty Bev!

Love you always!! Jack & Addie

PS: Please give Uncle Tom a big hug & kiss for us!! xoxo!

Unknown said...

Hey Ms. Bev,
Keep those blogs coming -- it's good to hear from you while you are at Betty F.., I mean in the hospital (oops, did I spill the beans?)
Working WIFE SWAP and they are still talking about you, believe it or not (I am not making this up! They think, you'd be really good at this. Should Tom be worried?) Your name is on one of their boards for everyone to see and Mitchell told me that they are waiting for you to be ready. They want you, baby. Now if you could just get that minor detail of a stem cell transplant out of the way...
Love ya!
Jörg

Colleen Kane said...

Hey Bev

My mom and I are reading your daily accounts. I have signed her up for comments, I will get hooked up when I get home. Everything sounds very exciting over there at Sloan. Can you have visitors? Stay well and keep the spirits up. talk to you soon
karen/colleen

Kris wood said...

How many doctors does it take to change a light bulb?
That depends on whether it has health insurance.

Sara said...

Hey pretty lady -

Thanks for starting this again. It's so nice to hear how you're doing. Hang in there - you'll be better soon. And as soon as you are I expect you and Tom to visit Sausalito and wine country with us. You know we're coming to visit you over labor day right?

We got back from Mexico yesterday and it was lovely. I'm only a little sunburned. I came back to magazine cover "Nicole Richie is pregnant" I hate when these things happen while I'm out of touch. I feel so blind sighted ya know? I thought she might be but - well, it's still a shock. I haven't seen any of Eva's photos in the dress, are they out there yet?

Call me when you're free if you have time. I have a camera in my macbook, perhaps we can look into each other's eyes? Look out for me on skype, sarakrider.

John & I are sending you lots of love and good thoughts.

xoxoxo
sara