Bev's very tired and feeling pretty crappy after four days of chemo so I (Tom) am taking over blog duties today. Hopefully that's the last chemo she'll ever need. Today is a "day of rest" before she gets her stem cells back tomorrow. Those cells will rebuild her immune system lost during chemo. "Day of rest" sounds kind of fun. Sounds like there should be a pool or beach, probably a nice view, maybe someone serving drinks. She doesn't have any of that, but there is someone keeping track of her urine output - which I understand is an added charge at Club Med.
We're both looking forward to Miki and David's (Bev's parents) arrival in the colonies on Monday. Hopefully the recent security alert won't cause too many delays to the safe trip. David, get ready for boring trivia surrounding David McCullough's "1776". Bev's fatigue symptoms seem to increase whenever I bring it up.
If anyone has creative suggestions on how to smuggle a 17 lb. poodle/schnauzer mix into a hospital room, let us know. We both miss the doodle (aka Archie) very much. In addition, if anyone has suggestions about how to sleep on whatever sort of medieval torture device it is they provide husbands to sleep on here, please advise. My back misses it's allignment very much.
I'll leave you with this thought: If you were thinking of getting cancer, don't.
Thank you all for all your prayers and thoughts,
Love Bev & Tom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Thanks Tom. I hope this is a nice day of rest, considering... call me if you guys feel up to it. I'm in bed. ;) I'm sending you lots of love and thoughts I hope it makes it from San Francisco through all those building in between.
*I was thinking of a not wonderful option but an option for sleeping. in college they came out with these little square doubled over chairs that unfolded was a flat bodly lenght sleeping thing with a cylindrical pillow attached. Not the most confortable, but fairly light if you had to carry it and flat. ;-)
As for the dog, all I could suggest is a robot one in the mean time programmed to bark whenever you walked towards the door.
love you!
Sara
Sorry to hear it's a tough day and that Bev is feeling crappy. A day of "rest" at Sloan is an oxymoron (although Tom, it sounds like you know that already!). But tomorrow is a really significant day - so I hope that offers at least a little bit of solace.
Re: the sleeping issue, how about a body pillow? Just something to lie on top of that might smooth out the dips and edges of whatever you're sleeping on? Just a thought.
Thinking of you both...and happy to help in any way (646.594.8727).
Tom- thanks for the update. I am sorry to hear that Bev is not feeling well today. I pray that you both have a 'wonderful' day of rest and that all goes well with the stem cell transplant tomorrow. Please know that we are thinking of you and praying for you BOTH all the time.
We send our love from HOT AZ! Please call us if there is anything that we can do for you.
Love you both,
Tracy and gang
Thanks for the update Tom - not good to hear that Bev is feeling crappy but I am sure she is getting ready to start counting off the 100 days starting tomorrow - I know I am.
As for the sleeping/lack of Doodle question, I guess one solution would be to bring in a spare pillow case from home, but substitute Archie for the foam filling?? You may just have to ask him to lay REALLY still when walking through the corridor on the way in. It won't make the torture mattress any more comfortable, but I am sure it would cheer you both up quite a bit.
Alternatively, you could bring Archies very small (cough cough) new bed in from the apartment instead and sleep on that, with plenty of room left over if Bev and/or any/all visiting guests need to catch 40 winks...... I am sure he would be happy to loan it to you whilst he is on camp.
Love to you both from across the pond.
Ailis xx
Dude - Sleep is for losers. NoDoze, baby, NoDoze!! Woohoo! Just like college.
Sorry to hear that Bev's "rest" isn't quite what it's cracked up to be. But I'm glad to hear that she's just that much further along towards getting out of there.
Please let her know that I'm thinking of her.
I miss you both and can't wait to see you in four weeks.
Melissa
omg I can't believe we can't celebrate adios to chemo at hope&anchor. how many hours would it take tom to pick a song to commerate that?:)
Still battling sinusitis or whatever so I can't schlep chicken soup to you yet, sorry!!
i think we should all chip in for an in room masseuse for the both of you. i will organize that next week!
Anthony and the bananas send their love, I'm off to CT with them while anth works in the white collar sweatshop this wknd and will continue to be amazed by the both of you, xxxxlaur
Just thinking of you both. Hope you got some rest last night. Good luck today - hope the lemons really counteract the garlic smell!
Peggy
Post a Comment