Monday, August 14, 2006

Back in the land of the somewhat living....

First I must thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and postings whilst I have been gone. Tom reads from the blog to me everyday and keeps me up to date. You should all be aware that I m writing this to you through a fairly comfortable morphine haze so will forgive me any spelling errors. They tell me I am taking enough to be hallucinating although my poolside cocktail has yet to materialize. We seem to be on top of the pain which is the good news. I am still not able to eat due to throat pain and Tom continues to toture me with his own nightly orders of sushi.

I don't really know what else to say about Tom except that you should all get yourself one. He knows just when to make me laugh and when to let me cry....ahhh...smooshy....it's the drugs talking! We both enjoy making fun of one vitals night nurse in particular who feels the need to shout out my blood pressure, temperature and heart rate at 4:30am. She wakes Tom every time. For any of you who don't know, the vitals nurse is just about as low on the nursing food chain as it gets. Archie could probably take my vitals.....

Well, sorry have to keep this one short but all being well I should be back tomorrow.

All my love
bev

P.S Peggy, thankyou so much for dropping by and just sorry I was sleeping! We will meet eventually and thanks for all papers etc.

Melissa, thankyou so much for your care package - all good time passing stuff that should come in handy this week. Much appreciated and wanted you to know it had arrived.

4 comments:

peggy cummins said...

Bev -
Great to see a post from you! And glad to hear that you're managing the pain. Your post was quite coherent considering your morphine haze. From Tom's previous post it seems that those cells will start doing their thing on day ten - and you're at day three. I'll be counting and cheering along with you.
Peggy

ps...never intended to introduce myself - only interested in dropping the papers and going. we'll meet - and celebrate - someday soon when you're better.

Furrey Family said...

bev- so glad to have you back on the site- not that Tom wasn't doing a fabulous job of posting. I just like to know that you are up and at'm enough to post for us.

I am glad that you are feeling a little bit better- but hope that you will be able to each sushi with Tom SOON!

So funny about the vitals nurse- I am sure that she is just jealous that she is not sleeping on those 'oh so comfortable' beds. Keep laughing at her- if that is what makes you laugh! At this point- whatever makes you smile :)

have a blessed week,
Tracy

lauren&thebananas said...

you know i know the right people to take care of ms vitals:) miss your voice, glad to get your texts...will have lots of good gossip and slurpy things for you next week when I storm SKM. xxl (and of course mathias and natasha send their love and want to know when you can come and read a story and nikolai wants a walk because anth is still at the office since last thurs!) love to tom too....

Bigmac said...

Hi Babe

So glad you are feeling up to typing, and humbled by the fact that even with extra morphine your spelling is still better than mine!

Vitals Nurse seems like she missed the "Patient Care" part of her course, perhaps it was running the same day as the "Customer Care" one for the staff in Target on Atlantic, and got cancelled due to lack of viable brain cells??

And as for Tom, I will definetly take your advice and try and find myself a similar model. Will be tough though narrowing the field down by such high criteria - and my Mum thought I was being too picky just stipulating that they had to be taller than me!

And I hope your parents made it safely to you without too many delays.

Thinking of you always,

Love

A xx