Having slept alone while Miki dozed in the luxurious bed in the bubble feasting on SK room service and endless cups of tea, I feel that the Dad should be allowed to blog. My notes say that although my temperature was normal, my hormone levels were not and that I had a restless night despite a bottle of Gigondas with my two sons and their lovely ladies. The bed was not too comfortable and no attentive nurses waited on me with unending supplies of wonderful drugs and other delicious pain meds. As for my counts - I only had to go to the bathroom once. Men have it rough!
Enough of my troubles- I suspect the audience out here wants to hear something about my youngest daughter. Before I get to that however I send my congratulations to my eldest daughter for attempting her first blog. Beverley was really thrilled to see it. Well done Jennifer! Now all you have to do is to learn to spell "embraced." (Old teaching habits are hard to lose!) How are the house plants by the way Jennifer? Remember the golden house rule - NO PARTIES!
Its a funny old world for a Dad....as I sit here, one son, Matthew, (I am not a "Matt" person you see)is taking care of Mariah Carey's needs downtown at Madison Square Garden; number two son John is 70 floors up on the Rockefeller Centre doing something for MTV and Beverley (I am not a "Bev " person either) is being infused with a drug that I worked on 40 years ago at NYU Med Centre down First Avenue. Oh sorry folks you logged on to hear about Beverley......
Incidentally the family is rather worried today about Beverley's Aunt Kate. We think she has done a 'Thelma and Louise'.The word on the street this morning is that she has taken off for Cape May for a few days without her husband! If you read this Steve get down there fast and let her know who is the boss! Men have it rough !
Oh yes the Beverley news ! Her cell counts have been high enough for long enough to enable the white coats this morning to tell her pick up her bed and walk! In other words they are encouraging her to do a few circuits of the prison yard. Not as easy as it sounds, since she must drag something that is a cross between a line of washing and a beeping bus stop on wheels wherever she goes.
A further good sign is that she is beginning to think 'cocktails.' Perhaps I exaggerate a little--ginger ale is on her mind today a lot. Thats because the ice water she can occasionally sip is beginning to be boring. Thanks to brother Matthew (Remember what I said about name shortening)Beverley (see there it is again)is surrounded by tempting english tit bits from that wonderful New York store Myers of Keswick. Too soon yet for her to enjoy those deep fried Snickers bars, Prince Charles sausages, Blood Pudding biscuits, Salt and Vinegar crisps, Lucozade and pork scratchings, but Tom has already broken into the Hob Nobs !
Speaking of cocktails, she is currently receiving a big one involuntarily! 2000ml of fluid go down the tubes intravenously per day. Because her tongue is still very sore she hasnt yet been able to replace this orally - at the moment she can manage just a few sips. Despite her good counts and general well being. the Governor would rather not let her out until she is really returned to being a heavy drinker again! So keep tempting her with those those messages about exotic cocktails folks!
Finally Sarah your 'kneeds'are something we talk about with Beverley. We all hope you are making a speedy recovery.
The Dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
As always, the updates are great to hear, but never as wonderful as when we hear from the patient herself!
Bev, I'm glad to hear that you're up and about. It sounds like you're rounding the corner - keep it up!
I miss you and will see you soon.
Love,
Melissa
Not sure what the official position is with performance enhancing drugs being supplied IV whilst doing laps of the SK hallways, but I am sure you deserve a medal either way!
Keep it up - the light at the end of the tunnel if getting so much brighter every day.
Love
Ailis xx
Hey Biv... have just had another catch up session with yr blog... so encouraging to hear you are improving. Really pleased you have your folks there with you ... and Jen blogging!!! "Impressed!" seems a tad inadequate.... I'LL PAAYYY!
Keep fighting girl. Am with you across all those miles...
Mand
x
Did someone say "cocktails"?
Did someone say "cocktails"?
Post a Comment