Saturday, August 12, 2006

More morphine please . . .

This really sucks. Bev's been in a lot of pain the last day and a half, but it seems the increase in morphine has begun to help. Massive throat pain so bad that it hurts to swallow water does not look fun, but she's getting through it. She's a very tough woman, although she does admit she's discovered the one thing that can silence her . . . the aftermath of four days of heavy chemo. She can't talk much right now, but she does want everyone to know that she appreciates all the prayers and that we're gonna get through this just fine.

In other news, I've discovered a good pub nearby. David, you'll be happy to know that we can escape there next Saturday to watch Reading vs. Middlesborough. I escaped there tonight for a burger and a Guinness.

God bless Lisa and Jay by the way. We know they're taking such good care of our dog Archie, we just hope he'll want to come back from the suburbs to the big mean city.



Keep praying.

Love,

Bev & Tom

3 comments:

Furrey Family said...

Oh I hate to hear that Bev is in so much pain. I will be sure to pray for relief! Hang in there you guys- you WILL make it through all of this.

What a great picture of Archie! He looks as though he has been very well thaken care of by Aunt Lisa and Uncle Jay. But I am sure that he will want to be home with mommy and daddy as soon as he is able to.

Still praying ,
Tracy

peggy cummins said...

Really sorry to hear that Bev is hurting even more today. I'm hoping for you both that what Bev is experiencing now is the nadir of the chemo's effects. No doubt she's tough - and no doubt that you'll get through this together - even though it must really stink right now. Sending good thoughts and prayers to you both...
Peggy

ps...Archie is adorable...those eyes...I've not met him and I think I miss him too!

Bigmac said...

Bev & Tom - Just hang in there - after doing this together, the Amazing Race will be a walk in the park!

Thinking of you and sending all my love and good thoughts from over the pond.

Ailis XX