Saturday, August 05, 2006

Morphine Heaven.....

Ahhh..... the power of morphine....Now as you all know I like the 'occasional' tipple but generally have stayed away from the hard stuff in my time, however, I might have to make an exception for morphine delivered via my very own 'PPP' (that's 'personal pain pump') for the unitiated amongst you. Started having some fairly bad throat pain last night which is to be expected due to all the radiation I've been getting to the neck and chest. If you've ever gotten a really large ice cube stuck sideways in your throat that's pretty much what it feels like except it doesn't go away. They tell me it's like sunburn of the throat - Great! And I didn't even get the vacation to go with it!! Anyhoo, this morning they finally hooked up my PPP and things have been better since. I'm still not really eating anything much but I'm guessing that sudden drastic weight loss is probably the least of my worries right now.....

Currently have Father of the Bride movie playing in the background, what is it about that movie, I could watch it again and again... maybe that's the morphine talking. Tom and I also watched the first season of "Weeds" on DVD last night and I can't recommend it enough. So good. Tom is busy tonight hanging out with Don and seeing the new Will Ferrell Movie, 'Talladega Nights'.Thank god I got to play the cancer card with that one!! Phew... He also has a slight sore throat and we thought it better if he stay away until tomorrow and see how he's feeling. It can get a bit much for him as he sleeps on a pull out chair but there are so many interruptions during the night and he gets none of the lovely sleepy drugs that I get.....mmmmm.....

Well Father of the Bride is almost done and I'm pretty weary right now so I will say goodnight and talk to you all tomorrow!
lots of love
b


P.S.
Sheila, can you forward this blog to Peggy, I think I lost her email address
Leah, glad we finally connected as I had sent a couple of emails to that address.
Matt, good luck with the tour I hope it's going well and remember however bad it gets it could be worse, you could have cancer.......;-)
John and Audrey, hope the weekend is a blast and remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, Molly's ears are too young!!

1 comment:

melyay said...

Glad to hear they're hooking you up with the good stuff! I'd say you've earned it!
Also glad that you're still posting updates on what's going on.
I hear that Talladega Nights was a big hit with both our fellas...
XO-
Melissa