Friday, August 04, 2006

Pooch Heaven!

Just in case any of you thought the dog was being neglected in any way during this process this picture should help allay any concerns! Today is the final day of radiation so that's a huge relief. It has left me pretty exhausted so I'll be glad to not have to go there twice a day anymore. Next up we start the chemo tomorrow and with it being a higher dose than before who knows how I will react. All I know is that time marches on and slowly but surely we will be out the other side of this and I will feel well again. Can't wait to be sitting on my own couch watching a movie and ordering pizza!!! Thanks so much for all your well wishes and keep posting your comments, reading them is part of my daily routine. Mum and Dad are arriving on the 14th of August so it will be great to see them, they'll be just in time to see me at my worst but what are parents for if not that!!!

Melissa I'll let Tom know he should call Don about the Talladega Nights movie, that would so get me off the hook!! You have no idea. Well, gotta go as it's time for a tubing change which only happens every 4 days but allows you a window of time to shower without being hooked up to the machine and the pole etc. Its the little things you know.....

lots of love
b

1 comment:

Furrey Family said...

Bev- You are amazing! I pray for your strength and peace daily. We are just amazed at all that you are going through and still keeping your spirits so high. I hope that August flies by for your sake. I can't believe the bike story about Tom- what a mess.

I was out with Aunt Jenny and mom all day at Mighty Mud Mania with the kids. I will have to send you pictures. They have all kinds of mud puddles, slides, sand piles, obstacle courses, etc.... The kids loved it - and were a MUDDY mess! Too fun. Well - glad that you are through with radiation and hope the stem cell translplant goes well. Thanks for keeping us posted on the blog!

love to you and tom both,
tracy, matt and kids