Well thank goodness the nausea is finally somewhat under control. I am sleeping a lot and not really eating much but all the docs tell me this is normal. Yoghurts and some pretty tasty Tropicana ice pops Tom brought me are about what I can handle for now. Oh, yes, and Weetabix for breakfast, which might not mean anything to you american folk but the english chaps will know what I'm talking about.
Watched Mrs Henderson Presents last night, cute but definitely a rental. On the topic of movies I am glad to say that hospital does have its advantages in that I will not be forced by Tom to see the new Will Ferrell movie which comes out on Friday!! I'm finally playing the cancer card myself with that one.........Phew...
I miss the pooch but Tom's sisters gives us regular updates and he writes from summer camp when he can. You all know how we feel about the doodle!!!
In terms of treatment I have one more day of radiation and then we can tick that off as completed. I will have done twice a day for two weeks at that point so will be glad to see the back of it. Next up on Saturday they start the High Dose Chemo and I do that for 4 days followed by a day of rest (ha ha)! and then I get my stem cells back and we wait for my own immune system to do its thing. For any of your interested in googling - I'm having whats called an Autologus Stem Cell Transplant - amazing process that will hoepfully be my final treatment. Before embarking on this all my scans looked great so this should finally kick that cancer back to cancer land or good.
Thats it for today, time for lie down. Love to you all and Sara I am thinking of you and your knee injury and sending all good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery.
lots of love
b
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A message to Tom - if you need another dude to join you at Talladega Nights, I know of a a certain bad movie fan who happens to also be hanging solo these days... I've reserved him for "Snakes on a Plane" though, so don't even think about it!!
I'm glad to finally understand what the heck this stem cell transplant thing is - it's all so confusing! You could probably go to med school after all of this. In case you haven't had enough of hospitals yet.
I'm thinking of you both. I wish I could be there, but look forward to seeing you soon.
XO -
Melissa
Post a Comment