Knowing how much you all like to be kept up to date, I'm back for a second try at blogging. Counts continue to rise but medication continues to drop and therein lies a problem. Bev is now experiencing the addicts' dilemma. Your body craves the 'stuff' but you know you have to get off it. Withdrawal gave her a bad night the night before last with much vomiting. Things brightened when we knew this actually had a cause (the withdrawal) and Bev could return to her old friend Zofran. Yesterday saw her doing 6 (count them) laps and drinking many sips and even eating some Weetabix. Today is even better on the drinking front. She often reaches for the cup without parental nagging!! Her pain meds have been taken down to only self-administered 'rescues' today and so far so good. She is sleeping peacefully as I write. Restorative sleep as I like to think of it. Tom has already arrived in Columbus having left last night to sleep at home before travel. He and David shared a cab downtown while I prepared for my second night on the guest bed. Bev and I both slept in between checks for vitals etc. The service here is still first-class and Bev has many 'greeters' who are delighted to see her up when she laps. David wants me to add that we gave him an A+ this morning for the laundry he did at home last night. Normally I don't let him near domestic machines after he wondered once if he could cook a fish in the dishwasher. (Thanks to John and Audrey for trusting him with their machine.) Beverley's departure date not set yet but we'll post it as soon as we have one.
Love Miki
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You go girl! 6 laps! And many more sips! We are so proud of you and the way you are handling all that you are going through. I will be praying that you are able to get off of the meds with no issues.
Thanks to your parent for the updates- as i am one of those not-so-patient family memebers who wants to know how you are feeling at all times:) so i appreciate someone 'blogging' in your place. Although - it is always better to hear from you! :)
Have a great Labor day weekend in your resort! Love you ,
Tracy
So? CAN you cook a fish in a dishwasher?
Bev, I'm so happy to hear that you're lapping the hospital. Hurrah! Just hoping you've had someone tie the back of your gown together...I'm having flashbacks to your old hospital roomate with the bulging eye. Yikes.
I'll be back in a week (well, 9 days to be precise, but who's counting?) and can't wait to see you then!
Until then, tell Tom I said "BOO OSU!!" and "Go Wolverines!!!!"
Ha!
So glad to hear about your progess...
XOXO -
Melissa
Sounds like the rain has stopped so that the sun will have a chance to dry the patio and gravity chairs at #476 ready for Bev's return.
Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be soon.
Love
Ailis xx
Yeah! Sounds like you're really making progress. I am so glad to hear you're drinking some cocktails. (Even if they aren't the kind we usually drink.) We'll be back to that in no time. I'm glad to hear you're walking around too. Getting the body moving and blood flowing can really remind your body that it needs to be getting better and back to normal. I hope you're sleep continues to improve. I feel some of your pain in that regard. I can't sleep very well with my giant ankle to thigh tin-man leg. It's actually quite a light and advance brace but in the night it feels suffocating, 110 degrees, and 40 pounds. What I wouldn't do to sleep on my side again. I'm in my 4th week of knee injury and 11 days since the surgery. Strides have been good since they removed the stitches on Tuesday but I can't weight bear for another week and a half. I wonder how GG is? She must be in a similar situation right now. I hope she is doing well and her surgery was successful.
Well sorry for the long comment. I am doing well but I am thinking of you all the time and can't wait to come and visit you again. Perhaps in the winter?
Signing off from freak girl with one thin, muscle-less, cadaver knee leg and one working fatty leg.
Love you lots and lots. Keep it up you're doing really well. Best to your lovely husband, Mom, Dad, Matt, John, & Jen.
Sara
Post a Comment